N604 TOF.....Again

reese646

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I read her entire history before buying, and after last night I can see what you mean lol, tried to replace the rear brakes and pads only to find a big issue, she's had motorsport studs fitted at some point on the rear which are about an inch longer than standard, for when it had 18s I guess, well unfortunately after only a 3mm spacers there was only about 5mm to get the lock key in :curse:

Got 6 off but 2 rounded..... so had to get far to physical with a hammer and impact socket to get the last two off. Not impressed.

Anyway, fitted 10mm spacers which help the wheels look much better in the arch and new grooved crossdrilled discs, so another little thing sorted, picking up a different exhaust on Sunday and new wiring and sensor to try and sort the starting issue so I'm plodding on :)

Edited by reese646

Lol yeah might be me, why where about are you fella.

Cheers Martin, will keep an eye out for it.

Having issues with the electrics, overheating and tracking, the latter of which I sorted today, the guy said he'd only ever seen another car so badly toe'd, only took it in as after 100miles the treads had stuffed on both wheels lol. Another box ticked :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's my parking spot mate, will have to catch up some day fella.

Steve I'm just outside Blackwood so not far from where it was conceived :) fingers crossed for next year mate, wouldn't show it anywhere at the minute its still a long way off :(

As for restoring it I've had a quiet month, but a busy weekend :) behold the nightmare that was my electric lol

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/reese646/IMAG0225.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/reese646/IMAG0224.jpg

Well it was a mess I had to turn the lights on to make the heater work, the dials worked but read less depending on how hard the heater was on etc etc lol, honestly it was terrible. So stripped the crap out, properly soldered and heat wrapped all joints back to original, and fitted a new fusebox. Fitted a new dashboard while I was at it because someone had butchered tweeters in the last one using a large chainsaw, I don't know who did it but you know who you are lol.

Upshot been everything works, even fixed the hot starting problem which can only of been fusebox related. Result.

Today I finished off by fitting extended motorsport studs to the front hubs and spaced the front wheels 10 mm so the front wheels don't look so daft, stay in touch for the next installment :)

their are a couple of ex-owners of TOF on ere.

time to own up...............

which gimp warrior had such a lack of braincell count to think that would be ok?

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/27714.jpg

I seriously dont envy your task fella, if you found that obvious mess then god knows what else some other numpty has hidden out of sight.