my new classic

tezmanian devil

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's wrong with the interior? yeh it's beige but its actually more comfy than any recaro or other sport style seats iv ever sat in!! and tbh i think they will most likly be staying in aswel :P

as for changing the square lights for round... are you mad? the square light's and all other exterior bits and peice's will all be staying as they are with the exception of fitting a wing mirror on the n/s, i can get used to not having a n/s mirror.

the only thing that i will change on the car (for now lol) will be the engine + gubbin's, gearbox, diff, brake's and possibly get some deeper 7J minilite alloy's other than that it'l stay morealess the same :)

thanx again for all the kind word's :)

what's wrong with the interior? yeh it's beige but its actually more comfy than any recaro or other sport style seats iv ever sat in!! and tbh i think they will most likly be staying in aswel :P

as for changing the square lights for round... are you mad? the square light's and all other exterior bits and peice's will all be staying as they are with the exception of fitting a wing mirror on the n/s, i can get used to not having a n/s mirror.

the only thing that i will change on the car (for now lol) will be the engine + gubbin's, gearbox, diff, brake's and possibly get some deeper 7J minilite alloy's other than that it'l stay morealess the same :)

Minilites are too common now, google Compomotive CX's ;)

hmmm, not sure about them tbh, i quite like,... what i think are called 'ally cats'??

Love it.

My first car was a Mk2 1.3 GL. Spent all my wages on it and would love another one now I have some cash to do it justice :-)

get off evo and find one mate, there's a few on the bay atm :)

banded steels would look better like the drift car from ford fair

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/bronze4door/185422_10150244824562093_684462092_7796388_819951_n.jpg

yeh that look pretty cool actally, where the hell do you get them from though?

hmmm, not sure about them tbh, i quite like,... what i think are called 'ally cats'??

Yeah they're nice, them or CX's on mine too.

IT HAS A ENGINE?

I thought it was a rolling shell.

<go's back to the bay pic and zooms the page in a dozen times>

...........OH YEEEEEEEEAH THERE IT IS!

christ I havnt seen any of them in years, infact not since my dad had very very similiar ones on a mk3 Cortina (There was only three because one had a tiny buckle on the outer rim of one that he endlessly said he'd take in to get recurved but never did :rolleyes: )

do it, they'd look the gonads on a mk1 or 2......just dont do what the boy nobbas used to do and paint the individual sqaures in anything but black (they usually painted the inner sqaures the same as the body colour.......looked absolutely rank considering they looked smart entirely black or black and silver)

for the banded steels sometimes there are a few sets for sale but you usually have to get them made from a standard set of steels like what would of been on your car originaly or on a sportier model such as a mexico or base model rs2000

the alley cats you can get them brand new from midland wheels but they call them rally specials

• 2 weeks later...

hopfully getting some 7j X 13" minilights soon, pretty the same as whats currently fitted but a deeper dish on them :)

need to source another zetec engine now aswel, picked my one up from the garage to find it's seized solid, so rather than ponce around i just binned it ;(

2ltr or 1.8 zetec engine now wanted!! as close to eastbourne as possible!!! :)

also have some -2" front springs coming aswel so hopfully have it sitting more level soon :)