Out of the depth, the Devil will rise.........

Rockerrob666

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome geeza.. Mine is on here with 23k from new, they drive tight @ this low miles on them dont they .. wait till u drop it 40mm, its like its on rails :thumb:

hi, yeah the car still feeld like it's new, had some old granny own it before just doing the weekly shop an church on aa sunday in it prob! haha. yeah, you got any suggestions for springs? which are the best coilovers - really wan a set of bilsteins but not at £700! of you know what I mean. what are spax's like to ride on?

welcome geeza.. Mine is on here with 23k from new, they drive tight @ this low miles on them dont they .. wait till u drop it 40mm, its like its on rails :thumb:

hi, yeah the car still feeld like it's new, had some old granny own it before just doing the weekly shop an church on aa sunday in it prob! haha. yeah, you got any suggestions for springs? which are the best coilovers - really wan a set of bilsteins but not at £700! of you know what I mean. what are spax's like to ride on?

Q is how much u wanna pay and what u plan using the car for.. I got my set here Venom

I like them as the car corners firm on the road now, like a big gokart.. £220 for the 4 inc del...

Bargain

A link to my thread showing them and the results My Mex link

Edited by redmex

torn between the plasma and just a set of white dials, i like the plasma ones but i like to try and keep everything oem+

It is a conundrem, I started out wanting to keep the interior oem, but my missus bought these for my birthday and I love them now. have removed the front bulbs as the green was mixing with the white on the dials giving an 'army' toupe green. but they do look sweet. not really hard to fit and van remove them at any time, they don't really take too much to fit. go on, give it a go!!

Q is how much u wanna pay and what u plan using the car for.. I got my set here Venom

I like them as the car corners firm on the road now, like a big gokart.. £220 for the 4 inc del...

Bargain

these look perfect! I used venom for my exhaust and induction kit, so I know they're good. cheers for that, have book-marked them for when i get the pennies, or I'll see what santa brings me :cheers:

Edited by Rockerrob666

torn between the plasma and just a set of white dials, i like the plasma ones but i like to try and keep everything oem+

It is a conundrem, I started out wanting to keep the interior oem, but my missus bought these for my birthday and I love them now. have removed the front bulbs as the green was mixing with the white on the dials giving an 'army' toupe green. but they do look sweet. not really hard to fit and van remove them at any time, they don't really take too much to fit. go on, give it a go!!

Bargain

these look perfect! I used venom for my exhaust and induction kit, so I know they're good. cheers for that, have book-marked them for when i get the pennies, or I'll see what santa brings me :cheers:

Santa should give them to u.. He uses skids on his sledge :pancake:

I don't want to know that santa has skids! :pancake: haha. will have to have a word with the xmas fairy (the missus) hehe. whats everyone else wanting this year - I know we all want L2 on the road. does anyone know if you can get a cat bypass pipe for the mk6? and will it pass the mot with one on?

I don't want to know that santa has skids! :pancake: haha. will have to have a word with the xmas fairy (the missus) hehe. whats everyone else wanting this year - I know we all want L2 on the road. does anyone know if you can get a cat bypass pipe for the mk6? and will it pass the mot with one on?

Yes you can and no it wont.

Yes you can and no it wont.

bugger, cheers anyway.

If you're your after better handling try some decent tyres, something like Michelin Exaltos, they make the world of difference over budgets etc. Keep the wheels at 15" and leave the suspension standard.

But this is just my opinion. :thumb:

Totally agree, decent rubber makes a hell of a lot of difference over cheap ones, am planning to put some pirrelli p6's on in the new year. but still umming whether to put some new alloys on, no point puting decent rubber on if your gonna change the wheels, if you know what I mean. :nutter: aaaaahhhhh I can't decide! depends how flush I feel at the time. it's the huge gap over the rear wheel, always get me (as well as wanting better handling). can I ask everyone: never had owered car before - does it affect the smoothness of the ride, I've already broken my back once - don't want to do it again, how soft can the adjustable ones go before you lose the handling improvements?

if you lower the car, the ride will be harder, ive got some cheapy gmax springs with pi shocks on mine and to be honest i would say its still really comfortable, yeh if ur on a bad road i do get bounced all over but in general its pretty decent