Anti virus

McRic

I'm on AVG free have been for about 5 years not one problem..

I would never recommend Norton uses far to many resources

totally agree

avast.com i've not had ONE problem not a thing. 2 years trouble free. AND its free and updates are small and regular!

hear this a lot too

cant go wrong with either avg or avast imo :cheers:

I would never recommend Norton uses far to many resources, and is a pig to remove from your system if you don't like it...

No it's not. Norton Removal Tool from Symantecs website.

:roll: They had to provide a removal tool.... Says it all! :innocent:

Recommendations...

Freebies... Avast (I've trusted it on a test server... seems perfectly fine)

None Freebies... Eset Nod32 (or Eset Smart Security) or Outpost Anti-Virus (or Outpost Security Suite)

I would never recommend Norton uses far to many resources, and is a pig to remove from your system if you don't like it...

No it's not. Norton Removal Tool from Symantecs website.

:roll: They had to provide a removal tool.... Says it all! :innocent:

What because Norton AV is bad? No. Because the Removal tool is idiot proof and will function for any of there products, thus making it very easy.

Norton is actually quite good, the recent release runs very well on the average £450 laptop.

What because Norton AV is bad? No. Because the Removal tool is idiot proof and will function for any of there products, thus making it very easy.

Norton is actually quite good, the recent release runs very well on the average £450 laptop.

Norton security products have always failed every test I've put them through... I remember Norton leaving traces when I uninstalled it on test PC... without any removal tool (don't think it was availible then) there was 2 services to remove, around 20 registry entries to remove plus files disguised as system files to remove... It should be uninstall and gone... not uninstall then spend 2 hours removing what's left which would prevent you using any other security app sucessfully until you've done.

Norton's backup and partition tools have proven to be good however...

avast.com i've not had ONE problem not a thing. 2 years trouble free. AND its free and updates are small and regular!

agreed :thumb:

I wouldn't use anything else, its free & free to register.

Being in IT I use this now across 4 of my sites on over 50 pc's hassle free for the last 18 months.

I also use it on my home network across 8 pc's.

Trust me it gets tested well. :thumb: