BMW 318is mega-project

sidrick

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can be sorted with enough time, determination and/or money, lol. A bit of rust to non-structural parts isn't the end of the world (trying to be positive!).

These arrived a the other day:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC10034.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC10035.jpg

30/20mm Boge springs.

I can't be bothered with spring compressors with numb fingers so am going to whip the front struts off at the weekend and take them into work on Monday for a mechanic to swap the springs. I'll do the back springs as you don't need a compressor for those.

I'd do the fronts myself if it was warmer, but I hate spring compressors at the best of times, let alone when I can't feel my hands.

Got my reverse light switch and sidelight bulbs so that'll hopefully besprings, sidelights and reverse lights all sorted come Monday.

My brother popped round tonight and said it'd be a piece of pee for him to remove the tow bar electrics, so that'll be done on Tuesday :)

Taking shape now, it might be ready for an MOT next Friday!

You going to cut those springs Sid?

Word has it he's going to cut two coils off each. Fit to standard shocks and cable tie the springs in place :roll:

Im also hearing hes going to be getting some 8j alloys with space saver syres streched over them lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1097/primer17ai8.jpg

I think I'm going to do something completely different! I'm going to have safe uncut springs and tyres that fit my wheels :O

Never??!!? :O

--------------------

Only just read the later posts Sid, Sorry to see all the problems you have found with the car. :(

Glad you are sticking to it though fella, the plans sound good. :thumb:

I think I'm going to do something completely different! I'm going to have safe uncut springs and tyres that fit my wheels :O

Never??!!? :O

--------------------

Only just read the later posts Sid, Sorry to see all the problems you have found with the car. :(

Glad you are sticking to it though fella, the plans sound good. :thumb:

that would be far too dangerous lol :D

looking good sid, same car as me (its a 1.9 tho in the is not a 1.8?) mines got the m spec suspension and (fake) m spec wheels does need de tangoing tho. lovely cars to drive tho. mines blowing a bit but other than that great fun...shame its almost impossible to get lsd's for these tho :( mines in the nice green colour too. good luck!