BMW 318is mega-project

sidrick

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Scott, I like it.. I own A VW Corrado '90 valver. My insurance is about 2.5k a year paying monthly. :/ Insurance group 15 I believe.

Always like the Corrado but I'm too tall for them as the steering wheel rests on my legs. I did consider the Storm with adjustable column but it was out of my price range.

The insurance on the Corrado is as ridiculous as the 318is, aye.

Get some pictures up though, cheeky chops!

price on number plates posted to NE33 please :-D

my local dealer wouldn't sell me any - they would however sell me the e36 1 button keyfobs for RCL that i got for £5 and sold for £20 + P&P on ebay..... what you get them for? lol

Number plates are 20 quid posted in the UK; German pressed metal. They're on egay if you look hard enough. Number plate holders were another £20.

I could do with another RCL zapper. I'm not sure how they work though. Mine looks manky but works fine. How can I get a new one? How does the programming work?

Ah BMW, good work sir.

Aye. Had one a while before you, but it makes so much sense (except for the insurance on the spicy ones!).

nice to see oyu spunking your money on polishing a turd sid

i'd probably do the same if i was you, and whoever gets the old car full of new parts after you will be chuffed

on a side note, i do feel for oyu on the insurance side of things that sucks, even when i was 18 with a heavily modified car it never got over £1500 :O

I could do with another RCL zapper. I'm not sure how they work though. Mine looks manky but works fine. How can I get a new one? How does the programming work?

£5 from the dealers i got mine for - just take the one screw out on the back and swap the whole thing over - no need for programming as the battery is part of the board you remove :thumb:

must stress this is ONLY for the e36 one button model, but i'd replace the battery once it's swapped over anyway (changing the battery within 30seconds doesn't change anything) since your changing everything else...for the sake of £1.57 the battery costs from Maplin :cheers:

Edited by geordie_aaron

These arrived today to make use of the plate holders :D

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC10040.jpg

Love them and think they suit dark cars a lot, but think they might need a couple of badges in the middle, like this one:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2470352947_c1bc1cf73b.jpg

Battery also arrived today, but nobody as home :(

Scratch that, have ordered these plate badges just now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/ElizP987/2003_0414Image0020.jpg

hmmmm after the stickers the plates will look way too busy for my liking. Still it aint my motor so don't worry :pancake:

I might end up agreeing with you, but they'll be easy enough to take off :)

Won't be putting the plates on til after the MOT anyway (just to be on the safe side), so we'll see how it looks in a couple of weeks :)