Its time.........

Well the bumper is on.

Not happy with the fit under the offside rear light.

I might have to cut it and feck about wiv it to make it fit as the other side does.

At least it gets rid of those standard bumpers.Its just going to take copious amounts of filler primer to get the surface anywhere near good enough for top coat.Bit disheartened tbh.

Anyway have a look for yourselves,and yes Lee, the m3 mirrors are back on mate :cheers:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/scooby_itfc/IMGP2532_zps730067bf.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/scooby_itfc/IMGP2529_zps38065225.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/scooby_itfc/IMGP2534_zps5d599d9e.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/scooby_itfc/IMGP2530_zpscb43147d.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/scooby_itfc/IMGP2533_zpsb311b001.jpg

Ta for looking,now off to do more rubbing down.because Norwich are on the box,budgie scum.

Regards Andy

dont get disheartened dude. it will just feel all the better when shes up to the standard u want! looks.good with that rear bumper on though man. i rly like it! il be putting up my rear disc conversion guise soon so consider that for ur next mod!

dont get disheartened dude. it will just feel all the better when shes up to the standard u want! looks.good with that rear bumper on though man. i rly like it! il be putting up my rear disc conversion guise soon so consider that for ur next mod!

Its just so annoying mate.Waited ages to get one.

Nevermind,I will sort it.

Regards Andy

don't use aerosol filler primer, if its that bad you need proper high build 2k primer, ask a bodyshop to do it maybe?

I will seek advice from my mate who used to be a body man .

Could it be I am just being too picky?

Cheers bud

Regards Andy

If u go on ebay u can buy cellulose high build primer, 1l tins for like £12, before i had a spray gun setup i used to do all the heavy repairs with it, never thinned it, just once u are finished for the day, get a brush and put the thickest coat on u could and quickly spray a guide coat over it, next day go out and flat it back, always looks loads better, helps motivate u to get it finished and it fills so much that way

If u go on ebay u can buy cellulose high build primer, 1l tins for like £12, before i had a spray gun setup i used to do all the heavy repairs with it, never thinned it, just once u are finished for the day, get a brush and put the thickest coat on u could and quickly spray a guide coat over it, next day go out and flat it back, always looks loads better, helps motivate u to get it finished and it fills so much that way

Cheers Sean,my mate suggested high build primer as well,so you cant all be wrong lol.

Thats next on my list of to do's.

Regards Andy.

when u go to get it send me a pm ill send u the link to the one i used if u want? least u know its ready to use, do u have a compressor and gun? have u got any close up pics of whats wrong with the bumper?

Another good product is spray putty u can spray it mega thick and leave it over night

Edited by CossieSean

Are you going to be fitting the cossie van rear quarters? if not, 106 gti arches / quicksilver arches would really suit it at the back i think would really tie the bumper and skirts together and u can buy them cheap at scrappys now

Hadn't really thought that far tbh Sean.

Worth investigating though.Ta mate.

when u go to get it send me a pm ill send u the link to the one i used if u want? least u know its ready to use, do u have a compressor and gun? have u got any close up pics of whats wrong with the bumper?

Another good product is spray putty u can spray it mega thick and leave it over night

Nah,no close ups but I have been working on a weird idea that might be revealed later..............

if it works.

Regards Andy

All looking good Andy, the tractor boys on a roll, life must be sweet for you at the moment only criticism those wheels dont look man enough now p.s. lights were waiting for me when i got back off jollies might get them fitted at weekend weather permitting.

Yeh,they do look a wee bit lost now.

Might have to bite the bullet and try to find some 16s or 17s CHEAP.(Save up to mot ,insure and tax before that though)

Glad you got your lights mate.Get em on and pics please.

Poxy footy.How do you draw 4-4 after being 4-1 up at half time?Baffling.

Hope the jollies went well.

Regards Andy

Edited by co-op scooby

Immmmmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Looks really good with the bumper. Obviously we all cant see the imperfections but I know all too well what its like to get disheartened with it. I just end up leaving it and then suddenly something will fire me back up to do it!

Yeah new wheels needed to beef it all up. £100 plus delivery for mine if you want. Not the best finish but they all straight and you can refurb them yourself. Looking back I prob should of got someone to do it. strip them professionally and spray them. Would of got a better finish.

Oh, and why the splitter gone white!?