Series 6 GTi

MarkyMark

you said about polishing it, DONT please dont, let the paint breath for 60 days to harden up before yo polish or wax it, shame yes as it wont look as shiney at ford fair but long run it will be better!

Thanks everyone, im glad you all like it,but please dont be expecting perfection. The paint finish is not as good as i would've liked. Its a long story and if anyone does spot anything on sunday i will explain on sunday, i cant be arsed typing it all out as its far easier to explain it in person but like i say these little imperfections dont take anything anyway from the overall look as you have seen from the pictures. He said he will sort them but i doubt it from the way the conversations went over the weekend. You do have to look closely to spot them. Thats one of the reasons why im not taking this car any further and im going to start learning how to spray paint/weld for my next project. I got the spray job done dirt cheap, i couldnt have done it any cheaper if i had done it myself. I am still proud of everything ive achieved and nothing can take that away, i just have to make sure i learn from the experience.

Just thought i would put you all in the picture before sunday before the fingers start pointing :roll: .

Again thanks everyone for the positive comments it does make the all the hours of graft wothwhile.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Don't worry about it mate, there are only a handful of people on this site who get anal about paint jobs,

you said about polishing it, DONT please dont, let the paint breath for 60 days to harden up before yo polish or wax it, shame yes as it wont look as shiney at ford fair but long run it will be better!

A couple of people have said that :unsure: , the sprayer said T-cut it on saturday and it wil bring the colour out rady for the show. So i shouldnt do this either??

A couple of people have said that :unsure: , the sprayer said T-cut it on saturday and it wil bring the colour out rady for the show. So i shouldnt do this either??

clicky

A new car with a factory paint job can be waxed the moment it is rolled out of the manufacturing plant. Cars that have factory paint jobs are cured at much higher temperatures, sometimes as high as 300 degrees in special baking ovens. At a factory level, the car goes through the painting and baking process without any of the rubber, plastic, and cloth components installed. This is why they can expose the car and it's fresh paint to such high temperatures. These high temperatures and special paints used at the factory level insures the paint is fully cured by the time the car is completely assembled.

After-market paint finishes however, are cured at a much lower temperature to ensure the method of baking or heating the paint doesn't melt non-metal components such as wiring and vinyl. For this reason, it's best to follow the specific paint manufactures recommendations for care and maintenance of fresh paint. Most paint manufactures that supply paint to the refinish industry recommend that you allow anywhere from 30 to 90 days curing time after the paint is applied before you apply the first application of wax

aye Mark give the paint time to harden to avoid a nasty surprise when you see the paintwork apearing on your cloth not the car lol.

Even though my red one looked spot on as a whole on photo`s and in general in the flesh, it wasnt till you saw it close up (which you did at Blackpool) that you notice its not all 100%.

dont lol

follow robs link that gives advice

even though bodyshops all give different advice

up to you end of the day :thumb:

i would give it a few weeks before doing that just wash it regualry to prevent dirt on it as paint is fresh and contaminents, dirt etc attaches quickly

good luck hope to se it in the near future

Fuckin well confused now, just spoke with the chap who sprayed it, he said it will be fine, its a two pac paint he used so it will be as hard as concrete by now :unsure: He did say if i do polish it and it fucks the paint up he will re-spray the full car again. He said the only reason he doesnt wax/polish cars at his place is because of the wax residue that is left in the air after doing it, he usually sends them away to be done.

tut i was the one that first mentioned polishing *spits dummy out* lol

Soz, i did read it, its just there was loads of messages to read through and i couldnt be arsed going to back it :thumb: