car park bumper cars

Sedgie07

hi all

just got in and im fuming, i was reversing out on a space in the arena shopping center in cov, and as i was reversing ther was not a sole around, i was just about out the bay and BANG, some asian T*at reversed into me, and he didnt want to give he particulars over, but i do have his reg rumber,

heres the damage

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/nismo_racer/DSC00203.jpg

not alot i know but i well :censored: angry

if you'd called the police on scene itd have seriously strengthened your case ere but as it stands in the insurance eyes you was reversing out of a parking space and any vehicle driving along behind you had right of way therefore placing you in fault.

yes I do realise you said he was backing out too but that could be argued over unfortunetly, police attendance would have made your case for the insurance that more stronger specially given the fact that he left the scene of a accident without detail exchange.

your case may still be just as strong now tho, just allways a good idea to give the rozzers a call if in doubt as insurance companies love that sorta thing, usually the first thing they ask you when you make a claim.

tell me about it mate, called the police and told them what happened, and all i was told was "im sorry, as its a private car park we cant help you, but if the is a car near we will try to send one over, but is not a emergancy so therfore its not a priority"

bloody pigs, mite just have to call it a loss and get a new one!

shopping centre you say it was?..........might be a long shot be request the CCTV footage of the closest cameras, due to the accident occuring on their property more often than not there more than happy to help.

Had a similiar thing happen to my Astra in asdas carpark, was to far away to see the license plate of the transit van I saw reverse into my car and couldnt get close enuf fast enuf to clock the driver as he made a speedy exist when he realised, brother in law told me a couple of days later to ask at the asda customer service desk about acquiring any relevant CCTV footage, the manager asked what time frame it occured in and whereabouts in the carpark, told him, twenty minutes later he told me the license plate of the van and also said if my insurance company required visual evidence he could clear it with main office to supply me/them with printed stills. Result!

tell me about it mate, called the police and told them what happened, and all i was told was "im sorry, as its a private car park we cant help you, but if the is a car near we will try to send one over, but is not a emergancy so therfore its not a priority"

Police = Useless Cnuts! OINK OINK

Why? a minor bump aint gonna be a major priority for them is it...

For example someone is being burgled, "Sorry we cant attend, we are dealing with a cracked bumper".....

In your situation i would be very pissed off and im gutted for you but the Police aint really wrong are they, firstly its on private property and secondly they cant really tie up resources for a minor incident, fair enough he wouldnt hand over insurance details but im sure there was more important issues they needed to deal with. If they had a car local im sure they would of attended.....

I would of just forced him to give me his details via the use of my wheel brace. As Ian says he probably aint got insurance... :(

Gutted for you :(

well lol found out the T*at wasnt insured :censored: but im getting sorted with a new bum thanks to paul :thumb:

Wanker :vangry: You managed to track him down?

I would be finding who the car is registered to and paying them a visit....

...and stealing his car.......... what? to far??.... dont worry about it....his insurance will cover the theft!..... oh wait a mo?

Ffs god knows why it still surprises me to see comments like this but its incredibly childish to see. :rolleyes:

From the police view surely they would put it down to two people reversing & not observing each others whereabouts?

How did you acquire his lack of insurance details?