Project Overspend

stevmo3691

finally changed my idle control valve as bit bored of it stalling when i'm reversing. worked a treat. soooooooo much better. old one was sticking. new one you could easily make the spring move, the old one wouldnt move at all.

downside is now my o/side headlight doesnt work :censored:

tomorrow i plan to change the steering wheel to the GTI one and see how i get on till the boss kit arrives (come on mike - dont go to work, just post my boss kit :P)

if i cant find solution quickly i will put original headlights back on as a temporary measure so i can see :D

also found out why my suspension was crashing. dad didnt do the top nut on the strut up properly so the top plate was loose and all it was doing was banging the strut about rather than compressing the coil & shock.

tightened it up now so its all goood :D

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the moral support guys :D

really annoyed. its friday of the first week and only job done is change ICV and yell at the headlight. today, hopefully, will be more productive. steering wheel change, service inc. cambelt and cat back. first got to sort someone else car as its on my driveway giving me no rrom to work :(

the mods will look just as good, if not better, on the car than in my head. and got to be ambitious. otherwise you'll end up with a GTI rep like everyone else

You've spent 3grand on that, bawahaha. You must have more money than sense. Ive just spent about the same on some engine mods for my Sti which was dyno'd at 384bhp/324lbft. Heres a few pics for you, but don't hate me as I bought a gti for my missus to pop about in and she loves it. :thumb:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7744/26357349876062769514272.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8929/26357357046617769514272.jpg

You've spent 3grand on that, bawahaha. You must have more money than sense.

Is that ridiculous roof vent for your enormous head to fit into?

Probably.

LJ Jennison..... Make your own thread about your car... don't post in other peoples threads, and so what if he spent 3 grand on it, he is enjoying it and that is all that matters.

Completely agree, my car looks rubbish compared to this. But that vent is just plain awful. Looks like what you find on the top of a tall building block. There is probably dead animals lodged in their!

Completely agree, my car looks rubbish compared to this. But that vent is just plain awful. Looks like what you find on the top of a tall building block. There is probably dead animals lodged in their!

minor imperfection but at the end of the day I still have porsche winning performance :pancake:

Probably.

I come on here and post what is a sensible fact and then get childish insults thrown back, shame on you

minor imperfection but at the end of the day I still have porsche winning performance :pancake:

I actually own a Porsche..... big deal. stop filling this guys thread with your drivel.

Probably.

I come on here and post what is a sensible fact and then get childish insults thrown back, shame on you

well your "sensible fact" is not wanted here. :thumb:

I actually own a Porsche..... big deal. stop filling this guys thread with your drivel.

What one of those 2nd rate soft top hairdressers ones?

a carrera i believe.

bwhaha and my mrs drives one is hardly constructive, nice scooby if yu lost the air con vent on the roof but your hardly being constructive!