Formula 1 2010

Craig855S

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else agree that Monaco is boring and should be dumped in the future for more exciting tracks????

it seems to have some histeria surrounding it that i don't really get.

Perhaps fans think that racing within milimeters of arcos is pretty exciting.

there's nothing exciting about 20 cars driving along in single file cos the track is no narrow, even Lewis said there's nowhere to overtake and just tried his best to hold track position around pit stops

Anyone else agree that Monaco is boring and should be dumped in the future for more exciting tracks????

Y'no how you said "Don't bother" in the Election topic about trying to answer people etc.

Now it's my turn :P

.... Don't bother :thumb: People who think it's boring... let them, im sure it'll be staying on the calender for a long long time :thumb: :cheers:

Y'no how you said "Don't bother" in the Election topic about trying to answer people etc.

Now it's my turn :P

.... Don't bother :thumb: People who think it's boring... let them, im sure it'll be staying on the calender for a long long time :thumb: :cheers:

It just irks me that we could watch a Hamilton Button 1-2 precession round a dull track for 65 laps and it's 'a fantastic race', yet we have Monaco, with 3 safety cars and a driver starting in the pits and finishing 6th..... and it's boring, dull, rubbish, et al.

I think we could have had 3 cars finishing, and lightening striking and killing a driver..... yet after Button went out early doors and Hamilton did little of note, some folk would still have said it was a boring race.

Edited by sidrick

Can i just add i'm not saying it was boring to jump on any bandwagons as i was at work and didn't see 1 second of the race, always have thought Monaco was boring and always will. NOTHING to do with this years race or results

I think you'll change your opinion if you watch next year's race then.

why?? whats changing for next year???

Can i just add i'm not saying it was boring to jump on any bandwagons as i was at work and didn't see 1 second of the race, always have thought Monaco was boring and always will. NOTHING to do with this years race or results

I think you'll change your opinion if you watch next year's race then.

why?? whats changing for next year???

Nothing.

The build up to Monaco is unrivaled. The Yachts, the movie stars, the passion and the desire from the drivers....

The race isteslf always provides crashes, near misses and of course, the tunnel section.

Sidrick, even if hamliton and button had got a 1-2, (they'd have to have qualified up there to get it) then i wouldnt call it a good race, i'd have called it a good result, but still a rubbish race. I cant recall a real moment of proper racing, I remember alonso overtaking the crap cars at the back, but I dont recall him physically overtaking his way into 6th, that was all down to his pit strategy that allowed him to leapfrog all the drivers when they pitted.

there's nothing exciting about 20 cars driving along in single file cos the track is no narrow, even Lewis said there's nowhere to overtake and just tried his best to hold track position around pit stops

Alonso pulled off a couple nice overtaking moves coming out the tunnel, monaco will stay on the calendar until f1 is no more, it's a legendary circuit & hasn't that much at all since the 1st race there in 1929, it's the most complex circuit to get right all the way round. Qualifying for pole is no easy task round here.

The Cote d'Azur 1st place trophy is the one all the drivers want to have in their cabinet! i know i'd be proud as punch :P

Proper racing?

What about Webber, 3/4 safety cars and EVERYTIME after 5 or so laps he had a 5 second lead EVERY time? Is that not racing? Just because cars aren't side by side doesn't mean it's not racing. Just because Webber absolutly stormed the RACE doesn't mean he wasn't RACING just because he didn't overtake anyone, he didn't need to he was on form