Formula 1 2010

Craig855S

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton brought overtaking and battling to F1? Schumacher was the King at that, and Senna before him.

This season is crap due to no refuelling, so you have similar cars running similar times every lap, rather than some cnuts running light and being able to rip through the pack.

This was possibly the best race of the season so far, IMO. I like crashes :)

What a boring race..other than the 10 retirements, and Schumis overtake.

Lmao talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Yawn, pull the other one, sick of people saying F1 is boring it clearly isn't

HOW can Monaco be jazzed up anymore!? Were your eyes shut when the TV was on today?

P.S. It was me who banned re-fueling.

Edited by LiamGTR

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8685542.stm

Mercedes driver Michael Schumacher has been penalised for overtaking Ferrari's Fernando Alonso when it was not allowed at the end of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The decision adds 20 seconds to the German's race time, demoting him to 12th place and putting Alonso sixth.

Schumacher passed Alonso on his way out of Rascasse and into Anthony Noghes, but the move came under a safety car.

The stewards, who included Schumacher's old rival Damon Hill, ruled that the German had breached safety rules.

Nice one Sid, was wondering when that was gonna be decided.

IMO that's completely the wrong decision, and I'm sure Mercedes won't settle with it either. Knowing F1 and Ferrari, someone high up the chain received a kind donation this afternoon...

I was pretty disappointed with the race today, after watching it live. I enjoy the spectacle of street racing and love how it always brings a few awesome spills throughout the race. But I hate how processional it gets once everyone has made their pit stops. The last 20 or so laps, until the Chandook/Trulli incident were boring as feck - just Webber breaking away from Vettel, and Kubica slightly catching Vettel. As Hami said after the race, there are just no places to overtake as all the cars are too evenly matched!

I'm sure it's a great race to watch highlights of, but definitely not one to watch live.

Edited by andaba

shame

Haha, I can tell how sincere you are! :P

For me (bumming schumacher aside) I think it's another demonstration of how wanky the sport it getting. The man chanced his luck to be cheeky as fcuk and do something to excite the fans. His reward? 12th place :-\

Ross Brawn's interview after the race, where he showed the race comms where -

- The safety car went in

- The yellow flags changed to green

- Schumacher overtook Alonso

In that order, all made sense to me.

It's just sad. I started properly following F1 in 1994, and watching a race and the whole experience in general was night and day compared to now :(

I won't be watching next season if:

- Schumacher retires again (likely unless he takes Massa's seat at Ferrari)

- They keep the no refuelling rule (likely)

Edited by sidrick