Wide arch 5 door project

lee grout

i was going to say you needed to sort the sides of the front bumper in the same way as the rear bumper by using cut offs, may be still do that and then fit the hocky sticks so they stick out as they should past the line of the wing?

looks good mate though

If you look earlier in the thread I have used the top part of an original bumper to meet mine with the arch. I did test a whole side piece like the rear but it didnt work out and line up correct so i cut it smaller an smaller untill it fitted and shaped correctly. :thumb:

It looks so good man, I can't believe someone as talented as you doesn't work for a body shop or something.

I wonder if you can repair my rusty boot lid!?

Lol.I did work in a bodyshop when i was 16 but never followed through, just do i for the fun. rusty bootlid, easy. I dont weld though but gimme fibreglass and filler(not too much of this though!) and I'm well happy. :thumb:

i was going to say you needed to sort the sides of the front bumper in the same way as the rear bumper by using cut offs, may be still do that and then fit the hocky sticks so they stick out as they should past the line of the wing?

looks good mate though

If you look earlier in the thread I have used the top part of an original bumper to meet mine with the arch. I did test a whole side piece like the rear but it didnt work out and line up correct so i cut it smaller an smaller untill it fitted and shaped correctly. :thumb:

It looks so good man, I can't believe someone as talented as you doesn't work for a body shop or something.

I wonder if you can repair my rusty boot lid!?

Lol.I did work in a bodyshop when i was 16 but never followed through, just do i for the fun. rusty bootlid, easy. I dont weld though :thumb: but gimme fibreglass and filler(not too much of this though!) and I'm well happy. :thumb:

must admit i did think lee worked in a bodyshop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well havnt been on here in a little bit. Untill today I hadnt got anything done for about 3 weeks. Stag do, then a wedding week after... Damit just let me have some time on the car!!!! Anyway, today I get the door shuts and the inside of both the passenger side doors primed up. Sorry no pics but rushed to get all done before it got proper dark lol. Could barely see while reversing into the garage! Anyway, from the outside it doesnt look any different but its one crap job thats done and dusted. My fingers should recover by next weekend! Hopefully next will be fitting skirts (properly) and the final shaping of skirts to the rear doors. :)

• 2 months later...

Nothin for ages mate. Surprised its surfaced in the topic section again! LoL. As its in need still of bodywork finishing I havnt been gifted with the weather recently. Unless its dry I cant do what I need to. Also Im down to 1 day at the weekend to do anything even if I get the chance. The mrs has gone back to work so 1 weekend day Im looking after the boy. :rolleyes: However saying that I have some good news and some bad:

Good: got off of ebay yesterday a cossie bib with the spoiler that sits underneath it too, in carbon for 71 english pounds.

Bad: Recently tried to take my wheels off to do the brakes/ clean arches. Upon trying the o/s front wheel, 2 nuts refuse to come off. Its a BK racing wheel( they have sockets that fits inside the nuts) It spins in the nut cos the nut's cracked. Been on sooooooo long its a bit siezed and maybe was a bit overtight. Trouble is, to take it back to powerflow It needs to be trailered cos its off road. :censored: Whenever it does go though they can do my exhaust as well as a new set of nuts all round!