Wide arch 5 door project

lee grout

Well....What the lord giveth with one hand he taketh with the other....Ass hole! Found a bonnet on ebay to replace my lumpy bumpy version. Bout 25 mins away from me so went and collected today. Fitted this eve and lined up perfect 1st time :cheers:

On the other hand I went to start my car, it fired up then almost instantly cut out! Tried again and oh! No fuel pump prime sound! :vangry: :censored: :vangry: :censored: :vangry: :censored: :thumb: :nutter: :censored: :nutter: :vangry: :nutter: :censored:

Since having mine replaced 2/3 weeks ago its been started about 3 times and now its given up WTF. REALLY not happy. Will check fuse e.t.c. but dont think that will do anything. Naylor, I need your car to go pete tong again. Since yours started behaving mines done the opposite!

Well....What the lord giveth with one hand he taketh with the other....Ass hole! Found a bonnet on ebay to replace my lumpy bumpy version. Bout 25 mins away from me so went and collected today. Fitted this eve and lined up perfect 1st time :cheers:

On the other hand I went to start my car, it fired up then almost instantly cut out! Tried again and oh! No fuel pump prime sound! :vangry: :censored: :vangry: :censored: :vangry: :censored: :thumb: :nutter: :censored: :nutter: :vangry: :nutter: :censored:

Since having mine replaced 2/3 weeks ago its been started about 3 times and now its given up WTF. REALLY not happy. Will check fuse e.t.c. but dont think that will do anything. Naylor, I need your car to go pete tong again. Since yours started behaving mines done the opposite!

Was it a new pump or second hand?

If new there has to be something else causing the pump to fail, dodgy connection, broken wire etc.

If new there has to be something else causing the pump to fail, dodgy connection, broken wire etc.

No it was from a breakers. They are normally checked to ensure they work fine. Was fine last week, started up tonight and it just died on 1st attempt to start. Ive just sent them a message, would of thought they do a couple month warrenty or sumit.

No it was from a breakers. They are normally checked to ensure they work fine. Was fine last week, started up tonight and it just died on 1st attempt to start. Ive just sent them a message, would of thought they do a couple month warrenty or sumit.

In that case it's difficult to say if it's the pump or something else, however, i still think you should check the wiring.

In that case it's difficult to say if it's the pump or something else, however, i still think you should check the wiring.

Ill give it a butchers but it'll have to wait till sat.

Bet you it's the same problem I had.

Lift up rear seats and remove the fuel pump grommet, don't pull the plug out but just remove the pressure on the wire. See if it primes then. Mine wasn't a faulty pump in the end just a crushed wire. Also if the fuel pumps not been used in a while and I mean how old and low is your fuel, your cars been sitting for ages right? Fuel pumps can heat up and die if not sitting fuel, I doubt it's that though to be honest.

Still can't believe you'd wish hate on my car though! :)

Edited by Naylor2006

Still can't believe you'd wish hate on my car though! :)

Hate....is such a strong word! Id just prefer the pressure to be somewhere else and so far you've done a good job with dealing with yours lol :pancake:

Not really, I ran away from the site after my oil pump failure, people took the pee saying I was being too emotion, I also punched a brick wall just after it happened and my hand is still damaged, i'd just got the car back after spending a fortune on all powdercoating and new brakes fitting, I had to be at work for a night shift and I had no oil pressure, I work in Taunton, there was nothing I could do but be 2 hours late arranging to collect my mums car from exmouth. No one else was in to take over from me either so matey on shift just had to wait.

Then to find out the previous owner lied on his 'for sale' ad saying he'd replaced the oil and water pump at the time of 2.0 conversion and the reason it failed was because the oil pump was clapped out......well you see where this is going, no I wasnt happy but because of it all I deal with things better now. I had to moved to stay with a friend in Taunton for 2 months whilst I had a new engine sourced and build and dropped in.

Your current issue is childsplay by comparison, just get it sorted, ill be upset if its not fixed, its probably eletrical, if its not just stuff a new fuel pump in, ive got a m5 fiesta one spare if you want?

When I say 'hate' i mean in the hiphop sense, like 'naylors be hatin and sh1t'

I dont think you real world hate on my car, but even so you bar steward you want your problems on me because I deal with the pressure lol, youre a mentalist.

Edited by Naylor2006

Well what can I say, I welled up whilst reading that lol ;( I dont 'hate' your car. I think its rather nice, I love you really Phil. But I dont like having to deal with stuff I'm not good at. Others deal with stuff better if they have more knowledge. Im not very mechanically savvy so its not in my comfort zone. A cracked bumper e.t.c. I'd do all that in my sleep!

Anyway, at least its a learning curve and it will 'hopefully' improve my knowledge.

I just been down the garage, checked wires under seat (actually theres no rear seat in there but i looked anyway) nothing dodgy looking there.

Checked the fuse =ok.

Listened for relay =ok.

No drop of fuel out the fuel pressure valve when depressed.

All seems to be same as before. Gonna have to try getting under the car and drop the tank out. Are there any other checkes I can make here at home? I havnt got a fuel pressure gauge or any fancy electrical checking equipment!

As a man 'not in the know' it just screams sh1t fuel pump. :innocent:

Well what can I say, I welled up whilst reading that lol ;( I dont 'hate' your car. I think its rather nice, I love you really Phil. But I dont like having to deal with stuff I'm not good at. Others deal with stuff better if they have more knowledge. Im not very mechanically savvy so its not in my comfort zone. A cracked bumper e.t.c. I'd do all that in my sleep!

Anyway, at least its a learning curve and it will 'hopefully' improve my knowledge.

I just been down the garage, checked wires under seat (actually theres no rear seat in there but i looked anyway) nothing dodgy looking there.

Checked the fuse =ok.

Listened for relay =ok.

All seems to be same as before. Gonna have to try getting under the car and drop the tank out. Are there any other checkes I can make here at home? I havnt got a fuel pressure gauge or any fancy electrical checking equipment!

Neither am I, I had my mate sort my engine and drop it in whilst I went to live in Taunton, imagine what my GF thought, I left her at home because of my car, I visited every other weekend but still and to be fair I had a great time living it up with my mate lol.

I use this forum for everything mechanical, if it wasnt for the people here i'd still know nothing at all, I give various bits a go if I can, bolt on parts etc but without the guides and the members my car wouldnt be anywhere near what it is.

So do you want another fuel pump, I have one?

Checked the fuse =ok.

Listened for relay =ok.

Neither am I, I had my mate sort my engine and drop it in whilst I went to live in Taunton, imagine what my GF thought, I left her at home because of my car, I visited every other weekend but still and to be fair I had a great time living it up with my mate lol.

I use this forum for everything mechanical, if it wasnt for the people here i'd still know nothing at all, I give various bits a go if I can, bolt on parts etc but without the guides and the members my car wouldnt be anywhere near what it is.

I think I may. How much you want for it? I have emailed the place I got mine from, they may offer to replace it so I'll see what they say. In all honesty I know its a used part but its gotta last more than 2 hours running! I'll have to catch up with ya sometime. Im not gifted much time tbh and I expect your not either lol. If your ever around this way on a sunday, I'm home all day cos I play babysitter so pop down. I would like to see your car in the flesh.

Checked the fuse =ok.

Listened for relay =ok.

I think I may. How much you want for it? I have emailed the place I got mine from, they may offer to replace it so I'll see what they say. In all honesty I know its a used part but its gotta last more than 2 hours running! I'll have to catch up with ya sometime. Im not gifted much time tbh and I expect your not either lol. If your ever around this way on a sunday, I'm home all day cos I play babysitter so pop down. I would like to see your car in the flesh.

As your in the stick ill do it for £20 notes mate, I would give it to you for free but it was £35 in total, only problem is its a MK5 fiesta one with the later sender on it, you can swap the sender from yours though or just leave it so when you have me convert your dials to digi your fuel gauge works the right way round, bout time you got round to that cause the old style ones look gash by comparison. Let me know what you want to do.

I rarely do anything on sundays, im working this one so the one after could be cool.

Edited by Naylor2006