Film 2013 With Sidrick (and friends)

sidrick

Evil Dead 2013

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9d/EvilDead2013Poster.jpg/220px-EvilDead2013Poster.jpg

I will admit I'm a big horror fan.

Not always a fan of remakes.

This has all the ingredients required to fulfill the expectations of great horror.

Good characters

Plenty of gore (yet not at the expense of the movie itself)

Excellent directing

Jumps & frights galore

Few funny laughs thrown in

Exciting climax

All in All 8/10 from me

Edited by PeeWee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallen behind a bit lately, have seen most of what has been released on 'DVD' lately but nothing jumped out at me:

Fast & Furious 6: I'm a fan of the series but the plot was simply shocking. Terrible first hour that was saved by a the later action and fighting scenes. Genuinely shocked at the amazing reception this film got as the last one was much, much better. Still an 8/10 from me due to the cars and explosions rule :)

Die Hard 5: Utter shite. Utter, utter shite. Turned it off. 3/10

Broken City: Was alright but nothing amazing. Can't really remember much about it. 6.5/10

Did I review The Last Stand? It was decent. Another 8/10

Bullet to the Head, sadly not great, 7.5/10

Saw Source Code again last night. I think it gets dismissed due to a ridiculous last 2-3 minutes, but it's actually a really good film. 8/10

Mini-review of TV series:

Sons of Anarchy - Good - 8.5/10

Arrested Development - Alright - 7/10

Walking Dead - Could have been amazing, has flashes of awesome but never fulfilled its potential. 6/10

Breaking Bad - Good, but not the perfect wankfest folk make out. An entire season is pish - 8/10

Game of Thrones - Good if you have someone who has read and understood the books with you, or if you're good at remembering 378565623784682376 different names that all sound similar so that you can follow what is going on. 8.5/10

Crazy Stupid Love

Feared the worst when the lady of the house suggested giving this a watch last night, but it was actually very good. Gosling and Carell bringing the comedy (belly laughs at times) and about a million fit birds more than make up for the slight chick flick feel.

8/10

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/31325.jpg

World War Z - I loved it. Big Zombie film fan! Quite different to your other Zombie films, actually. A different ending too, which was nice to see. Enjoyed it a lot 8/10.

GI Joe Retaliation - Not that great. Nothing new, watchable but that's about it's lot. 5.5/10

Die Hard 5 - Yep Sid hit the nail on the head, dreadful. 4/10

• 2 weeks later...

Grown Ups 2

I really enjoyed the first one, so i was looking forward to seeing the second one.

Don't watch it. Dreadful. It's nothing like the first one really. The first one was silly humour, which i find amusing because i can relate to it, taking the pi55 out of your friends is how most of my friendships are. However, this just went to far, also to short. It was too short on the micky taking, silly names etc, especially David Spade. It was to far in some of the effects, so blatantly fake and some parts (The Taylor Lautner bits) are actually embarrassing to watch.

3/10

• 2 weeks later...

The Wolverine.

I like the X-Men films, especially Origins - Wolverine. So it was safe to say i was really looking forward to this.

I am a little disappointed if i'm honest. Don't get me wrong it's a half decent film, watchable, it just lacked in something, though i couldn't tell you what.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone reviewed "Pacific Rim"?

Looking to watch it tonight but wanted to see if it was worth my while.

and as were stating what were looking forward too....

this year(supposedly)

Thor2 - The dark world

Gravity

Enders game

The Hobbit Pt2 -The desolation of smaug (but only cos it'll stop the missus whinging on about how the last one "cut off" to sudden

next year (still supposedly)

Robocop (but I suspect it'll not work well as a remake.... they look to have done a "Dredd" thingie again)

Cpt America 2 (though tbh the last one and Avengers was a bit tongue in cheek for me)

The equalizer (yes people the yanks have had a go at film'izing that classic series.... my guess, add big names and lots of explosions)

Godzilla (remake of a remake but apparently they added some old nemesis... please be MOTHRA!)

Edge of tomorrow

Transformers - age of extinction (if its to work then please bring back the ever so poke'able Megan Fox!!)

Dawn of the planet of the apes

Jupiter ascending

F&F7 (just cos it might be a bit more interesting with Jason Statham joining the headline names)