2008 Formula 1 Thread

danposs86

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the whole race & was a real nail-biting finish, was so chuffed for lewis! had to go straight to work after then i hear about all this!

Unbelievable! i'm truley speachless, what a p1ss poor decision by the fia.......... :glare:

a) he got pushed wide so HAD to cut the corner

Didn't have to at all, and he clearly gained an advantage from it. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been in the position to overtake!

b) he gave back the place IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

He didn't "yield the place" to the letter of the regulations, which will have been drilled into him and every other driver on the grid.

c) they changed positions again AFTER the incident

d) Kimi crashed anyway????

Both of those points are totally irrelevant. A decision was made on a specific incident, what happens in the rest of the race be it 30 seconds or 2 hours later has no bearing on it.

It was a correct decision. A governing body the size and standing of the FIA can't make crackpot decisions and get away with it. Everyone within Formula One will know the rules much better than anyone else and the correct decision will ALWAYS be reached.

Judging by Ron Dennis' reaction after the race, he KNEW they were in the wrong and knew that further action would be taken.

http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/49858_2.jpg

He didn't "yield the place" to the letter of the regulations, which will have been drilled into him and every other driver on the grid.

I'm with Mike C unfortunatly... Although to be fair I think the FIA is so outdated some of these issues.

A 25 second penalty drops Hamiltion down to 3rd, it could have been worse the FIA have dished out 5 and 10 place grid drops before against similar incidents...

A great race all the same and i'm sure it will only make Lewis more determined going into the next round at Monza... I guess Mclaren can take some comfort in knowing Kimi's chances are over for the world championship this year and it will be a straight fight between Hamilton and Massa... Roll on Monza

I didn't know about this penalty until the news this morning, talk about livid, i'm bloody fuming!!! :vangry:

Rules are there in place for a good race allround. Hamilton HAD to cut it to avoid an accident and because of the advantage he let Raikonen back through so exactly like nothing had happened, no advantage made, no problem you'd think!!!

This is a con from the big twats in F1 to fcuk the British off as they obviously can't take a Brit winning the season

:nutter: :vangry: :censored: :censored:

long sweeping left hander

That corners called Blanchimont :thumb:

What everyone has to remember is that the FIA is a collaboration of countries and motoring organisations not just one person making up the rules... Personally I think the race stewards decision was a little harsh allowing Massa and Heidfeld to move ahead on the podium considering Hamiltion had been leading most of the race... But rules are rules I guess no matter how cloudy they are

Would Ferrari have got the same punishment if it was the other way around?

cause they Fcuking wouldn't.

Look at Massa's dangerous pit exit last race.................look at Kimi shunting *insert lower team driver cos I can't remember* at Monaco..........look at Kimi punting Lewis after he overtook him yesterday............etc....etc....etc....etc

Would Ferrari have got the same punishment if it was the other way around?

cause they Fcuking wouldn't.

Look at Massa's dangerous pit exit last race.................look at Kimi shunting *insert lower team driver cos I can't remember* at Monaco..........look at Kimi punting Lewis after he overtook him yesterday............etc....etc....etc....etc

All he got was a fine after the race, no drive through or time penalty.

Ferrari International Assistance