2008 Formula 1 Thread

danposs86

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far... Its the first event of course it will have teething problems especially as the complex wasn't even finished yet!! The circuit will look a whole lot different next year.

Not sure what the FIA where thinking giving fines over stop-go penalties etc...Alonso was fined for a pit infraction on Friday and Massa over the incident with Adrian Sutil coming out of the pits, but its nothing compared to a drivers salary. A grid drop for the next round would have been the best solution.

Oh well at least the championships tight, hopefully it will go down to the wire again at Interlagos... Roll on Spa!

• 2 weeks later...

http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/49746_2.jpg

Looks like this could be an interesting race with rain forecast for the next few days. Alonso topped a wet Friday practice, closely followed by the 2 Mclarens...

Elsewhere Raikkonen crashed out, touching the white lines the car, swapped ends and eventually ending up in the tyre barrier damaging the rear end meaning he had to sit out for the rest of the session...

Eventually the session was brought to a red flag after Fisichella slammed into the barrier after skidding on a slippery patch thought to be oil from Kimi's car, ripping the front end to pieces and spreading carbon fibre all over the track... Well worth watching qualifying tomorrow!

Edited by hamspeed

Nothing about the awesome finish to todays race?? Anyway....

Lewis Hamilton has just been handed a 25 second penalty, pushing him down to 3rd in todays race :vangry: I remember the investigation into a Ferrari incident at the last race and Brundle said that they cant issue a time penatly after the race as it could affectively 'fix' the race result.

Basically Lewis was trying to go round the outside of Kimi, got pushed wide, missed the corner and gained the position. Lewis gave the place back on the very next straight and then nailed him into the next corner.

How much more help does the FIA want to give Ferrari :nutter:

Lewis Hamilton has just been handed a 25 second penalty, pushing him down to 3rd in todays race :vangry: I remember the investigation into a Ferrari incident at the last race and Brundle said that they cant issue a time penatly after the race as it could affectively 'fix' the race result.

Why have they done this he gave the lead back to him and the kimi crashed out after that anyway :vangry:

Why have they done this he gave the lead back to him and the kimi crashed out after that anyway :vangry:

Also kimi hit lewis at the end of the start finish line before he crashed out

Because the FIA are a bunch of biased morons!! Their favouritism towards Ferrari is getting more and more obvious, its almost embarassing.

Also kimi hit lewis at the end of the start finish line before he crashed out

It seems you can do whatever you like if you drive a red car :vangry: :nutter:

watched the end of the race but didnt watch it when they announce that lewis had a penalty of 25 seconds! saw it on the news and was like wtf! far as i can see he gave the lead back straight away then took it back completly fairly! FIA morons! :nutter: should have at least announced before the presentation ceremony! :vangry:

McClaren have lodged an appeal for a future date. I'll stick my neck out say it will be held on the day after the last race of the season and go something like this....

If Hamilton finishes second in the C'ship and the points he'd get back means he'd be champ, the decision will stand.

If getting the points back means he still isn't champ, the decision will be overturned and he'll get his points back.

If he wins the world crown, the FIA will decide that the penalty wasn't severe enough, and they'll penalise him just enough to drop him to 2nd in the C'ship.