GRAN TURISMO 5

Craig855S

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol bloody annoying isnt it , if you wanted to install every game or update ud get it on PC , what happened to the old Playstations :P lol ,

As for the game graphics alot better than last one and alot more impressed with the handling of it now too , just want a decent wheel next , but also no where to mount it :(

lol bloody annoying isnt it , if you wanted to install every game or update ud get it on PC , what happened to the old Playstations :P lol ,

As for the game graphics alot better than last one and alot more impressed with the handling of it now too , just want a decent wheel next , but also no where to mount it :(

Problem Solved!

http://seasonedgamers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44896

only cost me £20 to make, and got b and q to cut all the wood.

Well i've started to notice things that annoy me hugely already.

Firstly the level of details in the cars.

The premium cars are all sexy. Amazing detail, and look super cool on the 3DTV in game especially! But the standard cars are all awful - all look just like straight ports of the GT4 cars. Take the Supra for example - has HUGELY pixelated rear windscreen surround. I went back to playing Forza for an hour this evening and the cars are so detailed in comparison.

Secondly is the crap AI.

They're so stupid!!! They just instantly T-Bone you if you stray across their racing line, and never yield even if you are way in front. I know this is a "classic" issue for GT, but I expected more for half a decade's work.

Thirdly is the Special Events.

They are so crap. The Top Gear Track ones are near impossible, because you're constantly being punted off the track by AI. Should have left these out and made some more premium cars.

Next is the damage.

If you're not going to do it properly, don't do it all. Enough said.

Some of the tracks aren't very polished either. Bit of detail missing from building, spectators, etc.

So to recap, I reckon GT6 isn't gonna be too long away - it's just going to be the game GT5 always should have been.

I agree with the damag issues, i mean the Honda Civic i'm using at the moment is Fcuking strong, i hit a wall at a ton plus, slightly wonky front bumper and a bonnet that look's like it's been rattled canned?

The camper van race on the Top Gear Test track?!?!?!?!? I would rather stick my knob in a blender then do that again!

Problem Solved!

Got a pic of yours mate? I'm failing massively at my wooden one. May do it as per the one linked here, do B&Q stock ALL the parts needed?

yeah i agree with the damage , hit the walll at 100 + about three times and had a slightly crooked bumper and a few scratches on the bonnet that would buff out lol

as for top gear track , is there a way u can take any car round it?

Once you have completed the first challenge I think it unlocks for all cars in "practice" and time trial / arcade modes, if thats not it then it will be a certain level you reach, i kow ive had it for ages so not a high level

Damage is not realistic in how damaged your car gets per hit, I put the Focus WRC into walls for ages and all i got was a loose rear bumper (dont even remember seeing scratches) and a crumpled bootlid and rear wings (they looked good though) Its not been done anywhere near properly so i agre, maybe they shouldnt have bothered at all, and spent the time making more premium cars and better AI

I agree with the damag issues, i mean the Honda Civic i'm using at the moment is Fcuking strong, i hit a wall at a ton plus, slightly wonky front bumper and a bonnet that look's like it's been rattled canned?

The camper van race on the Top Gear Test track?!?!?!?!? I would rather stick my knob in a blender then do that again!

The camper van race I found incredibly annoying, because I was trying to hard too early in the race, its a 2 lap race so I took my time and started to get somewhere, trying to rush the overtakes with the dumb AI means you end up clipping the dark cones (which means fail) or bumping one slightly too hard. The lotus one afterwards is even more annoying since the car is fitted with linglong ditchfinders and oversteers every time you touch the brakes, and with a wheel that is impossible to catch (for me, im terrible at countersteering with a wheel)

My opinion on the game is that the physics are great, incredible fun driving cleanly with a wheel, and drifting with a pad, the damage is not worth the effort, the standard cars ARE disappointing in quality (i'd rather have my S60 looking pants than not have it at all though..) the AI are still stupid (if you end up sideways across the front of them they just smash into you instead of avoiding you) but if you slow down in front of them they will move across to pass you...(that said B spec bob is stupid when it comes to a car travelling much slower than him that he should be able to pass with his eyes closed)

The online I'm yet to really try, I done a free run with a guy from GTP the other night and we were drifting and messing around on Tsukuba and it was a great laugh, but the lobby system needs some work (I think its these "lounges" that PD want to work out, but if no-one sets them up you cant "join" a friend like you can on the likes of Call of Duty. PD need to take a leaf out of CODs book in that respect

All in all im still happy with it, mostly because of the cars and the physics (and online potential) but IMO that is exactly what I put at the top of the priority list in a driving game.

Stu, in answer to your question, if you dont want a PS3 for other reasons (such as other games and the fact it can be a media centre) then I wouldnt recomend all the outlay for just this game, do you have a 360? Forza 3 (and maybe soon 4) will keep you happy and cost a fraction of the price.

Problem Solved!

thats good dave but mine is better. ill try to find a picture of it soon. imagine that, but also with a clutch, gear stick, and Bucket seat 8)

Although some of the races are annoying as are some off the graphics, i would still say it is a good game.

After how many years waiting I would expect this to to be more than a "good game".

I thought this was supposed to be a groundbreaking racing game to beat all games & a flagship for Sony.

Doesnt sound like it from all the above comments?