GRAN TURISMO 5

Craig855S

Date has not been announced yet for the new release date, they've only promised it will be "this holiday season" and we will definately be told the new release date "before the end of october"

Hopefully they'll tell us next week that its gonna be out before mid november

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Date has not been announced yet for the new release date, they've only promised it will be "this holiday season" and we will definately be told the new release date "before the end of october"

Hopefully they'll tell us next week that its gonna be out before mid november

probably going to make it a Christmas release for more money

apparently the reason the 3 days has turned into 'tba' is down to the fact the latest firmware for ps3 has been cracked so gt5 needs new copy protection. Had the discs been made already then this wouldn't have been a problem

The amount of uploaded PS3 games is incredible over the last few weeks. Not sure how adding copy protection to the disc combats the firmware crack though, surely a firmware update is needed not a new disc protection modification?

apparently the reason the 3 days has turned into 'tba' is down to the fact the latest firmware for ps3 has been cracked so gt5 needs new copy protection. Had the discs been made already then this wouldn't have been a problem

The amount of uploaded PS3 games is incredible over the last few weeks. Not sure how adding copy protection to the disc combats the firmware crack though, surely a firmware update is needed not a new disc protection modification?

Might be, Could be a specific file must be read before the game can be loaded and that it's encrypted. That encrytion key would be stored in the new firmware. Could even be large chunks of the game, ability to save the game etc need to be unlocked by coding in the firmware.

Might be, Could be a specific file must be read before the game can be loaded and that it's encrypted. That encrytion key would be stored in the new firmware. Could even be large chunks of the game, ability to save the game etc need to be unlocked by coding in the firmware.

Indeed it could be, or it could be yet another delay ploy lol.

Bought myself a wheel the other day, now that the release is "imminent". It's got a clutch, 6 speed gearstick + reverse, and advanced force feedback with ABS effects! I can't wait for it to arrive! :D

http://993c4s.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fanatec-porsche911-wheel-pedals-shifter.jpg

I got a DFGT for prologue over a year ago, although i dont have anything suitable to mount it on. I need to build an stand, and soon. I was crap with it on prologue as soon as the car began to oversteer. But im hoping with GT5 as ill start with crap cars and work up ill get used to how to control slides.

Wheel was around £150. You can get a Driving Force GT For Half that at Argos at the moment >> Here << Don't know about the left/right yet - would assume not. Doesn't bother me that much though.

Wheel was around £150. You can get a Driving Force GT For Half that at Argos at the moment >> Here << Don't know about the left/right yet - would assume not. Doesn't bother me that much though.