Formula 1 2010

Craig855S

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...boring race... were you watching the same race?

I was quite annoyed that they followed Alonso for the entire last lap despite him being 15 seconds ahead of hamilton, ignoring the hulkenberg/alguesari fight. There was another couple of overtakes on the last lap too, barichello? cant remember.

Either way, it wasnt boring. Felt a bit sorry for Vettel, after all, he hadnt done anything wrong, gutted for webber though and that was his fault.

And what the hell was Sutil upto?!

I think Sutil forgot that the track was soaking off the racing line so when he went up the inside of people he would lock up, the thing is he never learnt and he done it several times.

I do feel sorry for Vettel as he had that race from the word go but his car let him down, but thats racing, it may be a reverse situation with alonso next race putting Vettel in the lead then. (In fact i remember Alonso has had an engine failure this season from a good position)

what an ABSOLUTE TWAAAAAAT Sutil was - i was actually shouting at the TV when he kept going off at the VERY SAME two corners.....EVERY lap due to rubbish racing lines and trying to outbreak others....FFS they're meant to be the best in their profession and paid for the privledge, if i skidded off the track in one corner i'd be weary next lap......if i dont it again i'd lay right off before smashing into a wall (which he was inches off doing) or smashing into sombody (which he done.)

AAAARGH!!.

That is true about vettel, but then if hamilton hadnt had a gearbox problem, or actually finished either of the two previous races, then he would probably be on top at the minute.

It's gonna be tough beating Alonso now :-(

Shitty result for Rosberg, too.

Edited by caled

Just watched this on iPlayer - watched nearly all 3 hours of the coverage!! (Minus kettle brewing time)

Drivers did well considering the conditions, apart from Sutil. Guy was mental! It was certainly a different race.

It'd be such a shame if Petrov doesn't have a seat next year - he's done alright so far. Like another Kubica, but Russian!

I fell asleep as the race started the 2nd time :nutter:

Was DJin that night, got in at 4am, watched UFC112 then thought may aswel stay up for F1 but all that rain made me sleepy haha. Caught up with the reply, thought it was a pretty good race! Button was so slow, feel sorry for Vettel, no sympathy for Webber too much kerb, pissed off Alonso is winning now and glad Lewis clawed some points back. Hoping next race Alonso is off the pace or Sutil crashes into him :pancake:

..or Alonso's engine blows - 10 place penalty for that one. He's been on his last engine for, what, 3 races?

Yep, think you're right buddy! Fingers crossed for that....BOOOOM haha. I'd like to see Lewis win, but looks like it's going to be Alonso now. Would much rather either of the RBR team won it than that big eyebrowed cnut!

I got up to watch it and was rather p***ed of when they delayed it, then started under safety car, then delayed it again. By the time they actually started it you could see dry parts on the track and it wasn't nearly as wet as we've seen other races. These guys are meant to be the best drivers, best cars and best designers in the world, and they can't make a car that can handle some rain. Put Brundle in charge, that'll sort the men from the boys.

And all the drivers coming on the radio, oh its to wet, its to dangerous and then vettel at the end just before his engine went saying its to dark. Get on with it you pansies, if you hadn't fanny'd about at the start with your excuses it wouldn't be dark at the end!

Liam thats like saying "If it wasnt for the spins and crashes and sutil and the 35 laps of racing it just would have been 20 laps behind the safety car"

There were crashes, and spins, which means, it was entertainment.

I know what you want, you want 3 cars going round a corner side by side, but that rubbish cant happen in F1 as the cars are too fast (so when you get 2 cars beside eachother mid corner 1 has to lose out due to a comprimised driving line) and too fragile (meaning they dont like to get too close to eachother at 130MPH mid corner unless the other car is going excessively slowly (ie/ a backmarker, or someone who has been wide etc)

Liam thats like saying "If it wasnt for the spins and crashes and sutil and the 35 laps of racing it just would have been 20 laps behind the safety car"

There were crashes, and spins, which means, it was entertainment.

I know what you want, you want 3 cars going round a corner side by side, but that rubbish cant happen in F1 as the cars are too fast (so when you get 2 cars beside eachother mid corner 1 has to lose out due to a comprimised driving line) and too fragile (meaning they dont like to get too close to eachother at 130MPH mid corner unless the other car is going excessively slowly (ie/ a backmarker, or someone who has been wide etc)

2nd situation sounds much better! :cheers: I just prefer proper battles to being stuck behind a safety car or crashes (unless it's a spectaular one like when webber(?) flipped his car 180