My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

yep these are 115PS and 279.8NM so i'm pretty pleased

That printout doesnt show wheel figures (they changed their print outs as old ones did - also used to show average torque and power and max rpm

The dyno they use is callibrated to each car and measures drive resistance to give correct flywheel figures (well as good as any dyno can)

what I find funny is my friemds TDDi with the fixed vane turbo (mine has variable) with a hybrid turbo, EGR bypass, large FMIC, straight through exhaust, custom map etc and 128bhp and 312NM. Where as a standard 2.0TDCI Zetec S 130 that wet on yesterday made 142bhp and 350ish NM

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dyno they use is callibrated to each car and measures drive resistance to give correct flywheel figures (well as good as any dyno can)

Ah, I see. "Customer pleaser" dyno.

That printout doesnt show wheel figures (they changed their print outs as old ones did - also used to show average torque and power and max rpm)

I wonder why they changed it... Now those figures have very distant relation to reality.

How many race/rally teams run setups on this dyno ? Their website full of grammatical errors and missing punctuation gives off a whiff of quick profiteering from owners clubs.

yep these are 115PS and 279.8NM so i'm pretty pleased

That printout doesnt show wheel figures (they changed their print outs as old ones did - also used to show average torque and power and max rpm

what I find funny is my friemds TDDi with the fixed vane turbo (mine has variable) with a hybrid turbo, EGR bypass, large FMIC, straight through exhaust, custom map etc and 128bhp and 312NM. Where as a standard 2.0TDCI Zetec S 130 that wet on yesterday made 142bhp and 350ish NM

Ey?

130TDCi has an overboost function on full throttle which will give the artificial performance advantage.

I am happy with the figures that thier rollers give.

If you want to check them out go there yourself and see

Whats an artificial performance advantage? Surely performance is performance, I am genuinely interested.

overboost on the TDCI gives it morethan the quoted power output but it only runs for short periods (about 30 seconds) which is how long the dyno takes hence artificial as its only for 30 seconds at a time

I'm sure this needs the black eye headlights ;) see for sale section

I'm doing white eyes with spare pair of headlights I have :)

overboost on the TDCI gives it morethan the quoted power output but it only runs for short periods (about 30 seconds) which is how long the dyno takes hence artificial as its only for 30 seconds at a time

Yeh but thats still real performance though surely, even if its not quoted its actual performance.

Yeh but thats still real performance though surely, even if its not quoted its actual performance.

it just makes it look higher on the dyno than cars actual power

it just makes it look higher on the dyno than cars actual power

Right ok, so its not quoted in the cars spec but its actually there if you need it.