My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

Cool, so what about the bandpass?

dont have a bandpass. Only vibe kit I have is the Optisound 8 Amp, 2 LiteAir class D monoblock amps (1 in this and other in my ST) and the Vibe signature series AC12 12" twin ported sub enclosure as well as the vibe antivibe soundproofing in the ST and Vibe flat wiring in both

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont have a bandpass. Only vibe kit I have is the Optisound 8 Amp, 2 LiteAir class D monoblock amps (1 in this and other in my ST) and the Vibe signature series AC12 12" twin ported sub enclosure as well as the vibe antivibe soundproofing in the ST and Vibe flat wiring in both

The AC12 is a bandpass sub enclosure & you bought it from me, lol! How's it sounding? :cheers:

The AC12 is a bandpass sub enclosure & you bought it from me, lol! How's it sounding? :cheers:

doh - cant you tell the brains not working :P

Its awesome. I only have the volume control on the amp turned just above min to get the desired effect (dont want the car rattling)

Its currently sat in my shed due to me going to be chopping and welding the boot floor of the ST.

Just a shame the bloke who came and picked it up from you for me turned out to be a ****

doh - cant you tell the brains not working :P

Its awesome. I only have the volume control on the amp turned just above min to get the desired effect (dont want the car rattling)

Its currently sat in my shed due to me going to be chopping and welding the boot floor of the ST.

Just a shame the bloke who came and picked it up from you for me turned out to be a ****

Really? I never heard anything after he picked it up. What happened?!

• 2 weeks later...

^ pm'd

actually dirtier than this atm:

http://i5.tagstat.com/image07/8/520f/00iT001O58f.jpg

but does have 2 new tyres :)

http://i5.tagstat.com/image08/8/520f/00iU001O58f.jpg

had to :)

http://i3.tagstat.com/image07/8/520f/00iV001O58f.jpg

got the wrong colour I think. gonna get white one next time I see them

http://i0.tagstat.com/image07/8/520f/00iW001O58f.jpg

before ^

http://i2.tagstat.com/image08/8/520f/00iX001O58f.jpg

after ^ (yes its the otherside but they are now both like this)

http://i4.tagstat.com/image08/8/520f/00iZ001O58f.jpg

new gear gaitor, new radio and quite like my black and silver inside :)

be nice to get the half leathers in and the leather with metal strip door cards

both driveshafts, wishbines, drop links, track rod ends and top mounts all knackered (top mounts were fitted wrong) so fitting all new parts. Was going to lower it but the lowering springs i got were crap and too soft but the shocks aremuch better so using them with my springs and new top mounts.

If I'm gonna spend loads of time in it I want it to be nice, and know its gonna last.

got some bits for it for free like the gear gaitor. friend bought it then decided he wanted blue stitching so gave it to me.

He's also sorting out a parts supplier thats based in france and they sent him some free samples to check out for quality and he has new parts like that on his car so gave them to me. new rear anti roll bar bushes and track rod ends.

I'll sort some more bits on it as I go but just trying to keep it nice :)

Got new rear bumper from friend for free and I will be getting new front one eventually.

it'll still look like what its been nicknamed - the skip :)

If a mod wants to change the name of this topic to 'the skip' that would be nice :)

I'll prob put more sticker on to cover the many scratches

What has possibly happened that 'both driveshafts, wishbones, drop links, track rod ends and top mounts' are all knackered?

Both.....driveshafts......honestly?

combination of things. The fact cars 11 years old with 152K miles, driveshafts are a well known failing on mk3 mondeo diesels and the n/side one because the outer CV had been damaged when it was replaced (useless mechanic who did it) and its covered about 10K since it was done, had no grease and basically destroyed itself.

Wishbones are original - 11 years and 152K

drop links - only one is actually broken but always do in pairs

track rod ends look to be original and no receipt for new ones

top mounts were fitted pointing wrong way (ford put an arrow on them that must point forward, both were pointing towards centre of the car)

What has possibly happened that 'both driveshafts, wishbones, drop links, track rod ends and top mounts' are all knackered?

combination of things. The fact cars 11 years old with 152K miles, driveshafts are a well known failing on mk3 mondeo diesels and the n/side one because the outer CV had been damaged when it was replaced (useless mechanic who did it) and its covered about 10K since it was done, had no grease and basically destroyed itself.

Wishbones are original - 11 years and 152K A)where's the proof and B)so long as they look and feel fine theyre not knackered

drop links - only one is actually broken but always do in pairs fair play

track rod ends look to be original and no receipt for new ones Again so long as they look ok and dont have play theyre fine

top mounts were fitted pointing wrong way (ford put an arrow on them that must point forward, both were pointing towards centre of the car) Are they damaged, could they have just been turned around??

You might wanna change all your solid brake lines throughout, because the slight surface rust it may have means it needs changing, after all, its 10 years old :rolleyes:

Wishbones are original - 11 years and 152K A)where's the proof and B)so long as they look and feel fine theyre not knackered

drop links - only one is actually broken but always do in pairs fair play

track rod ends look to be original and no receipt for new ones Again so long as they look ok and dont have play theyre fine

top mounts were fitted pointing wrong way (ford put an arrow on them that must point forward, both were pointing towards centre of the car) Are they damaged, could they have just been turned around??

You might wanna change all your solid brake lines throughout, because the slight surface rust it may have means it needs changing, after all, its 10 years old :rolleyes:

It had new brake lines already fitted :pancake:

the wishbones are clonking, track rod ends are as floppy as a dead fish, top mounts are actually broken

mixed news with my alloys. Ebay ruled in favour of the lying, stupid, blind seller so I dont get my bloody money back :(

So going to use them to refurb as 2 of the tyres are good to use and 1 of the michelins is ok to go on my spare steel rim so i can have a spare wheel.

I have a system for how getting tyres taken off etc for refurbing which will be 2 at a time.

Should look good in aston martin white pearl with black/chrome gel overlays :)