My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ. Less chatter, more pictures! I'd be getting a PeeWee bollocking if it was me.

What ever mate, at least im talking about the car/cars in question, apart from this post of course but thats your fault.

I wasn't talking to anyone in particular mate.

Im winding you up mate. Should have put a smilie in there or something.

If this posting was happening on my site there would be deleted posts and warnings issued by now, but never mind. People have added 3 pages of drivel to my SUYM thread.

Also people dont know my personal living conditions but I assure you I dont pay a pitence 'keep', Both me and my partner have to pay rent and it is more convinient for me to remain at home than move out for the time being because both of my parents are disabled and unwell and as my brother is now in Australia I am the only one to help them and I would spend all my spare time here anyway so why pay more to live elsewhere when I can stay here and use my dads tools?

Now, if we could get back to the topic of my car, which if anyone wanting to read about just starting from here will have to read pages 1&2 and ignore the rest, is going to have the decat fitted tomorrow as well as the boot neons wired up - much better boot light - and hopefully run the power and earth cables for my sub and amp.

The radio I bought turned out to not have remote input or pre out so I sold it to my mum and stuck it in her car and bought a sony MEX BT3700U for £70 including postage off ebay which has few more features like usb, ipod control, 2 pre outs etc.

Eventually I will get round to washing and mopping the car to try and deal with the million scratches

If this posting was happening on my site there would be deleted posts and warnings issued by now, but never mind. People have added 5 pages of drivel to my SUYM thread. dont sell yourself short.

Also people dont know my personal living conditions but I assure you I dont pay a pitence 'keep', Both me and my partner have to pay rent and it is more convinient for me to remain at home than move out for the time being because both of my parents are disabled and unwell and as my brother is now in Australia I am the only one to help them and I would spend all my spare time here anyway so why pay more to live elsewhere when I can stay here and use my dads tools? as Ive said before, claiming your being a charitable son is paramount to utter bollix and highly offensive in regards to your parents both being disabled as I know for a fact that there are thousands of care-workers available to supply PROFESSIONAL care 24/7 free to disabled individuals in ways your neither trained in or capable of, using that as an excuse is exactly as it sounds.....a shallow excuse, at least try and aspire to keeping some of your manhood by admitting its due to the situation being more advantageous to you than your parents and you'd at least be able to claim honesty if not morality.

Now, if we could get back to the topic of my car, which if anyone wanting to read about just starting from here will have to read pages 1&2 and ignore the rest, is going to have the decat fitted tomorrow as well as the boot neons wired up - much better boot light - and hopefully run the power and earth cables for my sub and amp. again despite your own determinations of it being a "workhorse for deliveries" it beggars the question.... why are you chaving it? (answer the question this time dont avoid it as usual fgs)

The radio I bought turned out to not have remote input or pre out so I sold it to my mum and stuck it in her car and bought a sony MEX BT3700U for £70 including postage off ebay which has few more features like usb, ipod control, 2 pre outs etc. Im genuinely curious.....were does your mum park?? (absolute genuine question)

Eventually I will get round to washing and mopping the car to try and deal with the million scratches its a workhorse.......why?

Glorious.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He should either be banned from making SUYM threads or be confined to a single one for all of his cars. That or ban other people from posting in his SUYM threads.

Every single thread ends up the same, and it's not always the same people that speak up (I.E. it's mainly shaw who's pulling him up on nonsense this time, but many, many different users have done it in the past). Those that are 'defending him' (bar Peewee) generally don't appreciate that we've been here many times before, with many different cars, over many years.

I think his threads reflect badly on the site from both sides. People will either come in and facepalm themselves to death while reading his threads, or will think that the site is hell bent on abusing/bullying folk.

I can see it p*ssing off long standing members as well. You come in and pass comment on a public forum, in a public thread which someone has chosen to put on the internet, and you get called a bully by staff (not having a go at you, Peewee, but the comment was disambiguous enough that it could have been aimed at anyone). Shaw and myself have been here for 5 years each, with 20k posts, and though we have undoubtedly spoken a lot of pish (more so shaw, obviously :roll: ), I'd like to think that we've, on occasion, contributed to the site and helped keep it what it is.

There are ways of passing comment & ways of pure insulting no substance comments.

I was never referring to the genuine comments I simply picked up on a few things that were pure bandwagon jumping, pulling stuff from past threads and trying to get a reaction (this is obvious in the posts I took note).

I agree with Sid on quite a few comments up there (unnerving as that may feel) and think that these threads do not do the site good, I can also see clearly though when comments are made simply to ruin a thread looking for an abusive reaction.

There are ways of passing comment & ways of pure insulting no substance comments.

I was never referring to the genuine comments I simply picked up on a few things that were pure bandwagon jumping, pulling stuff from past threads and trying to get a reaction (this is obvious in the posts I took note).

I agree with Sid on quite a few comments up there (unnerving as that may feel) and think that these threads do not do the site good, I can also see clearly though when comments are made simply to ruin a thread looking for an abusive reaction.

Meh, due to the nature of this site and the fact a lot of users have been around here for years, reputations stick, and as such, shizzle is aways going to be brought up from the past. That's the internet and is exaggerated by the fact that Stevmo gets gobby and defensive (rightly or wrongly) when folk have a go at him.

Towards the end of each of his threads he is flinging just as much abuse about the place as he receives..... but for some reason he's allowed to close that thread and open a new one immediately, and then can play the victim again for a while until the whole process is repeated again.

I swear to god I'll have a fit if/when this one is closed and another SUYM thread pops up and we're all told to 'play nice' again.

Sidrick's recommendations:

- One thread and one thread only in the SUYM section for Stevmo, and not one at a time.... just one forever. We had 3-4 threads of this kind of nonsense on the first page of SUYM threads not long ago FFS.

- No mentions of anything non-car related by the OP or anyone else. SUYM is not a place to discuss children, parents or living arrangements.

- Use of the warning system for anyone that breaks the rules or is obviously looking to wind him up.

Steve needs to mainly chill out on the 'Show us your life' aspect.

Every topic starts off with pictures of the car and some decent momentum but then progress slows because his neighbour Bobs head gasket has gone or something, not to mention claims of racing which never ever goes down well on here when public roads are involved.

I still maintain that this car is not worth it's own topic, surely this is just part of the MK2's progress, whilst he needs money to fund his other project and he's struggling at the moment a quick post saying project on hold and in the meantime I have this but nope.

I may of signed up in 2007 but I've only really been here for the last year and it's taken no time at all to understand the Stevmo brand.

Surely its people commenting on Stevemo and his family rather than his cars that makes stevemo so unpoular on here with some. If shawdreamer wasn't picking stevemo up on every aspect of his life and car this thread wouldn't be worth reading,imo evo has created a bit of a monster by giving stevemo so much stick on here.

If shawdreamer wasn't picking stevemo up on every aspect of his life and car this thread wouldn't be worth reading

what can I say?

If you paint such a blatant neon bullseye on your forehead sooner or later someones gonna shoot you in the fecker.

Steve needs to mainly chill out on the 'Show us your life' aspect.

Every topic starts off with pictures of the car and some decent momentum but then progress slows because his neighbour Bobs head gasket has gone or something, not to mention claims of racing which never ever goes down well on here when public roads are involved.

I still maintain that this car is not worth it's own topic, surely this is just part of the MK2's progress, whilst he needs money to fund his other project and he's struggling at the moment a quick post saying project on hold and in the meantime I have this but nope.

I may of signed up in 2007 but I've only really been here for the last year and it's taken no time at all to understand the Stevmo brand.

to be fair weather his car is topic worthy or not this is a show us your motor section and he has its not my cup of tea i cant really say much as i have a vectra diesal which is a gsi replica steve's attiude needs to change to a point the problem is when someone types on a pc it can easily be taken the wrong way

Got to say that the guy posts on another forum im on and doesnt even go into personal things and its just about what ever car he has and is doing. Nor does he get any abuse from the other forum, This section should be about cars above all and the moderators should delete anything not directly related to cars.

Steve carry on with what your doing with what ever car you have just lay off the personal circumstances.