My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

Any progress?

I was gonna say it, but didn't.

Wheres the god damn pictures!

I like the way it went on and on about a Mondeo that no-ones ever seen in this Mondeo thread, then on about the Mk1....In this thread...

I went to his own site hoping to find progress there of the mk1 and mk2, not what I expected at all.

Edited by Naylor2006

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda clarifies why they dont call him a nob on "his site" too........

.... sorry Pete....... I just had too......... was too good a opportunity to pass up...... Im weak and ashamed of myself.

Any progress?

I was gonna say it, but didn't.

Wheres the god damn pictures!

I like the way it went on and on about a Mondeo that no-ones ever seen in this Mondeo thread, then on about the Mk1....In this thread...

have you tried going back a few pages and looking at the pics there??

just mentioning the mk1 as thats what I am working on atm. once thats sold I will be able to get this on the drive to sort body work out

have you tried going back a few pages and looking at the pics there??

That's not what he meant.

Theres 7 pages on this, only a couple of which have pictures

because of drivel other users have added.

I saw no need to add a pic saying I am getting new driveshafts and doing a service.

http://i1.tagstat.com/image05/8/520f/004Z001O58f.jpg

there you go, a pic - not of my car of course but I took it and its a mondeo :D

that being a supercharged and nitrous equipped example

• 3 weeks later...

well I needed to replace all 4 tyres soon - rears are on around 2mm and fronts about 3 and going down quick with my driving

So I have been browsing ebay looking at wheel options. wanting to either keep same size at 16's or go up to 17's but needed good tyres and good price.

so I bought 4 of these:

http://i4.tagstat.com/image08/8/520f/00iJ001O58f.jpg

16" alloys from facelift mk3 mondeo zetec that have just been refubished and fitted with 2 tyres less than 1000 milesand 2 with around 7mm tread. all for £170

sell mine for at least £80 so should be good

I have actually made a clever little plan for this car. going to make it mine but in a unique way and for little cost.

Basically making it a facelift through use of above wheels, the fact i already have facelift rear lights and eventually ince's old front bumper

I will also have a facelift GEM giving me lane change indicators, flashing indicators on unlock, rear wiper comes on if fronts on and I put in reverse etc.

I am also ebaying for new interior as my drivers seat is pi$$ing me off. the height adjuster being off a manual seat with electric height only its now too high and i'm uncomfortable and the squab has gone on the door side of the drivers seat so when I go left i have to brace myself with my knee on the door, so after ST TDCi half leather interior- prefer half to full anyway and less demand for the half leathers

it'll be lower soon when i get the suspension off my friend and his old rear bumper for me to paint and fit parking sensors too (I bought them for my missus Rover but since she's now ex missus their mine so I'm having them)

Interior will be once the mk1 is sold. would prefer the ST220 recaros but they cost as much as the car did (£500+) where as the half leathers are £150 and hope I can the rest of my ghia x interior for reasonable amount

wheels arrived and are being sent straight back - they are not as described. paint job is wirse than a 4 yr old might manage and nowhere near amount of tread as described.

Anyway, decided to just stick with my alloys, get new tyres and refurb them and after chatting with a friend (she's good at spending my money) I'm going to re-paint them aston martin pearl white and will do the mirror casings and boot plinth the same as well and change outside gel overlays to white with black. insides gonna stay silver bits and is about to have an ST TDCI interior fitted :)

Bummer about the wheels, who's paying to send them back?

What's the bass like from that optisound sub? I couldn't find an audio shop that had one set up to demo, so I played safe with a Vibe compact Liteair sub box instead. Have you got that Space bandpass box fitted in one of your cars yet?