My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
That's the problem with ebay, any mug is allowed to sell...

have you asked for a refund?

Not worth the hassle as I'd have to return them and dont fancy another 420 odd mile round trip (hence why I was in a rush and didnt look at back seat properly)

Got replacement screen fitted which highlighted why you only have professionals do windscreens.

1) passenger side of heated screen didnt work - as it wasnt plugged in!!

2) when the screen was fitted (it had had replacement before) they did not use the primer so the glue just peeled off meaning in an accident the windscreen could have just come off the frame weakening structure of car.

However as my leather repair job has started to pick up I have found a few problems with the mk3.

1) its not as good on fuel round town as I would like (barely over 30mpg if i'm lucky - ST would do 27-28 round town)

2) Its not big enough

3) It's doing my head in with fix one fault and 4 more appear. Still haven't even done front fogs or rear jet wash

So I have hatched a plan in that I'm going to do nothing else other than an oilchange (really overdue now) and fit STTDCI interior as I want to keep the 220 recaros for my ST (re-colour them to suit) and then sort the mk1 and list both for sale. Going to take the mk1 to ford fair and have for sale sign there.

Once both are sold I'll use my dads car for a bit till I go and get a replacement but it wont be a ford. Looking at Merc E220CDI estate as they have huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge boots (bigger than volvo V70 which was an option) and be comfortable, reasonable on performance, good on fuel and then Ican focus my efforts on the ST.

Odds are against it but you could get Merc wagon for not too much.

Doesn't matter. Steve never ends up with something he "wants". Universe makes the decisions for him.

Year ago he bought 1.8 MK2 instead of 2.0 "because the insurance is cheaper". Just to follow it in couple of months with..........2.5.

Just look at this Mk3 - his expectations and "needs" change on weekly basis. Nothing weird about that - I change my cars on roughly 4 month rotation period. But I try to find out what I want before I get my ass on ebay, not getting sidelined like a 16 year old on a shoe shopping spree.

And Mk3 isn't big enough ? You bought the wrong kind Steve -> http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9828/copyofimgp1614.jpg

I had hauled more appliances, engine parts, body parts, power tools and raw material in my Mondeos in last two years than I had in my Sprinter. Somehow.