My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

If the Mk3 is fcuk'd, fix the mk1 up quickly n sell it. Then with the cash trade in the mk3 plus the cash fro

the mk1 for a transit.

And have the ST as a weekend project?

Or do what naylor said sell all 3, cut your losses and invest in the business venture, a year or 2 you may see yourself in a nice ST24/200!!!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont like reading them, here's a simple solution.....

DONT

i'll do up whatever car I want to and buy whatever I want to

Well, I for one will look forward to the next one regardless of what you might think, I don't like your cars but I love the topics.

if you dont like reading them, here's a simple solution.....

DONT

i'll do up whatever car I want to and buy whatever I want to

I agree, buy and do what you want.

However, if you FINISHED ONE, maybe you'll get some respect, i see no point in posting up a thread about your car which surely, you must know full well is going to end in you giving up on it, every car you've ever posted has gone the same way.

P.s you don't 'do up' a car, you slap some blue paint on it then let it sit there and rot in your parents driveway.

Never heard of a courier?

really? whats one of those?

theres also attending shows as a trade stand up and down the country.

Also insurance - a E320CDI Auto Avantgarde Estate on a 51 plate is cheaper to insure by a large amount than a transit on an 02 plate (making it TDDI)

which would you rather drive?

merc with leather electric seats, sondproofing, decent stereo,climate control etc powered by a 3.2 6 cylinder smooth and efficient turbo diesel or transit with a ripped seat, a fan and cant hear the radio over the drone of the diesel engine that will be higher mileage than my mondeos engine and possibly worse looked after?

1) 02 plate Transit is generally a bad choice these days.

2) My Sprinter + all the contents is cheaper to insure than my Mondeo + contents.

3) Modern day vans aren't nearly as bad to drive as you make out.

4) Don't buy badly maintained cars.

5) So you want W211 E class, huh ? OK. And you don't like that "many things" can go wrong on Mk3 Mondeo ? Well you're in for a shocker... You know how early Mondeos are renowned for rust along door rubbers ? E class is the same problem squared. And then some. Electronics ? Shitty. Boxes ? Astronomical prices. 320 CDI Fuel consumption ? Not over 35 MPG around town that's for sure. You want leather ? Avantgarde or Elegance ? Both have enough gadgets to keep you occupied with a multimetr on Sundays. And you know how Fords go thru copy part bottom arms every 6 months or so ? It's the same, except it will cost you twice as much. And snapping springs ? Check. Warping discs especially on auto models ? Check. Injector issues ? Bet ya. At least MB dealerships are very helpful. :)

So everything you don't like about your Mondeo can and will be expecting you in a E class. Especially If you buy high mileage badly maintained one. And mileage without proper annual 10 000 mile service history is always unreliable. I know somebody who used one as a taxi and clocked it back several thousands before every MOT (5 minute job) - nobody knows how much that car actually covered by now. Which is quite important with issues like expensive gear oil change, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like those cars quite a bit, my friend is regularly servicing 2 beautiful estates which tickle my fancy and both are exactly in your area of interest. But the running cost ? It's a different category to a Ford believe me.

Or don't and find out for yourself.

Why not get a van and park it round the corner???

This is the best solution....when I had my Iveco camper/motorhome thing I had to park it about 10mins away.

Estates really arnt that useful for everyday carrying.... you need a van. I look at an E-class estate at something for carrying a oversized dog and a pair of wellies.

Never heard of a courier?

really? whats one of those?

theres also attending shows as a trade stand up and down the country.

Also insurance - a E320CDI Auto Avantgarde Estate on a 51 plate is cheaper to insure by a large amount than a transit on an 02 plate (making it TDDI)

which would you rather drive?

merc with leather electric seats, sondproofing, decent stereo,climate control etc powered by a 3.2 6 cylinder smooth and efficient turbo diesel or transit with a ripped seat, a fan and cant hear the radio over the drone of the diesel engine that will be higher mileage than my mondeos engine and possibly worse looked after?

1) 02 plate Transit is generally a bad choice these days.

2) My Sprinter + all the contents is cheaper to insure than my Mondeo + contents.

3) Modern day vans aren't nearly as bad to drive as you make out.

4) Don't buy badly maintained cars.

5) So you want W211 E class, huh ? OK. And you don't like that "many things" can go wrong on Mk3 Mondeo ? Well you're in for a shocker... You know how early Mondeos are renowned for rust along door rubbers ? E class is the same problem squared. And then some. Electronics ? Shitty. Boxes ? Astronomical prices. 320 CDI Fuel consumption ? Not over 35 MPG around town that's for sure. You want leather ? Avantgarde or Elegance ? Both have enough gadgets to keep you occupied with a multimetr on Sundays. And you know how Fords go thru copy part bottom arms every 6 months or so ? It's the same, except it will cost you twice as much. And snapping springs ? Check. Warping discs especially on auto models ? Check. Injector issues ? Bet ya. At least MB dealerships are very helpful. :)

So everything you don't like about your Mondeo can and will be expecting you in a E class. Especially If you buy high mileage badly maintained one. And mileage without proper annual 10 000 mile service history is always unreliable. I know somebody who used one as a taxi and clocked it back several thousands before every MOT (5 minute job) - nobody knows how much that car actually covered by now. Which is quite important with issues like expensive gear oil change, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like those cars quite a bit, my friend is regularly servicing 2 beautiful estates which tickle my fancy and both are exactly in your area of interest. But the running cost ? It's a different category to a Ford believe me.

Or don't and find out for yourself.

WTF do you think you're doing!?

There is no place for rational thought nor factual information in this thread. Now kindly leave and take your logic and forward planning with you!

Why not get a van and park it round the corner???

This is the best solution....

it's not, because it will quite probably inconvenience somebody else.

hmmm, I remember an old pick up owner that thought he'd park outside my house every night....................new tyres every week get expensive!

hmmm, I remember an old pick up owner that thought he'd park outside my house every night....................new tyres every week get expensive!

I do hope you asked him to stop parking it there a couple of times before doing that.

I do hope you asked him to stop parking it there a couple of times before doing that.

of course, i'm not a maniac lol

of course, i'm not a maniac lol

Was gonna say :pancake: