My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this age zetecs dont have trip computer. I work it out when I fill up. 385.6 miles to 50 litres exactly

comes too......... 34.7 roughly and that included a 100 mile round trip on motorway.

TDDI's are worse on fuel than the TDCI's

Anyway - my car,my choice and yes you can get a large sofa in an estate car.

I wouldnt want to do fullre-colour at someones house as dont think they would appreciate air compressor,everything being covered up and me coming to their house everyday for a week

Watch Top Gear, they almost got a large 3 seater sofa in a volvo V50 (the baby volvo estate) and it didnt quite fit but would have done in a x-type estate (mk3mondeo underneath) and mercs bigger than all of them.

this age zetecs dont have trip computer. I work it out when I fill up. 385.6 miles to 50 litres exactly

comes too......... 34.7 roughly and that included a 100 mile round trip on motorway.

TDDI's are worse on fuel than the TDCI's

Sell it immediately ! I get 39 MPG when driven flatout. And I mean road rally style flatout. If TDDI doesn't return over 40, there's something rotten.

Anyway - my car,my choice and yes you can get a large sofa in an estate car.

I wouldnt want to do fullre-colour at someones house as dont think they would appreciate air compressor,everything being covered up and me coming to their house everyday for a week

Watch Top Gear, they almost got a large 3 seater sofa in a volvo V50 (the baby volvo estate) and it didnt quite fit but would have done in a x-type estate (mk3mondeo underneath) and mercs bigger than all of them.

Watch that 7 year old episode again and pay attention to size of that sofa. Hardly the biggest one you're gonna come across. The smallest merc you're gonna fit 3 piece in is Vito/Viano I'm afraid. I have no doubt that you'll try to prove otherwise. Collecting customers possessions in a car always looks strange... If it's a delivery company, radiator repair company, tool seller, whoever - it strikes me like as not very committed and professional. ANY white van (signwriting a bonus) is always a better option.

I know what I'm talking about - I used to deliver some stuff in a Mk6 half a decade ago and the looks I got... People don't exactly take you seriously.

There's a salesman/owner of a electrical tools/appliances company in my area who goes around scouting for work in a 60 plate Jaguar XF. Petrol. Seriously.

I have no doubt he would've found 3x more contracts in a Transit connect.

The service record of this car is questionable at best

the hard boost pipe that runs from intercooler along the bottom of the car with the MAP sensor in wasnt fitted properly (i.e bodged) and when a pipe popped off the other day smashed the map sensor on the subframe - just got new pipe frombreakers but the mounting points on my car are broken so have done my best and secured with cable ties as a security measure - arent needed but I like to be over protective.

I have now fitted my EGR bypass so no more boost leak so hopefully economy will improve.

If I drive flat out in this I struggle to hit 300 miles to a tank (worst so far was 312.3 miles and that was more than 50 litres to fill,cant remember exactly but was around 27mpg)

I do love how youmake assessments of my life and home situation with only small parts of the picture. I'm not going to go into detail but the kind of vans I can afford arent very good ones and I will have to make the odd 450 mile round trip to get stock so want something comfortable and good onfuel on the motorway

Never heard of a courier?

really? whats one of those?

theres also attending shows as a trade stand up and down the country.

Also insurance - a E320CDI Auto Avantgarde Estate on a 51 plate is cheaper to insure by a large amount than a transit on an 02 plate (making it TDDI)

which would you rather drive?

merc with leather electric seats, sondproofing, decent stereo,climate control etc powered by a 3.2 6 cylinder smooth and efficient turbo diesel or transit with a ripped seat, a fan and cant hear the radio over the drone of the diesel engine that will be higher mileage than my mondeos engine and possibly worse looked after?

The service record of this car is questionable at best

the hard boost pipe that runs from intercooler along the bottom of the car with the MAP sensor in wasnt fitted properly (i.e bodged) and when a pipe popped off the other day smashed the map sensor on the subframe - just got new pipe frombreakers but the mounting points on my car are broken so have done my best and secured with cable ties as a security measure - arent needed but I like to be over protective.

I have now fitted my EGR bypass so no more boost leak so hopefully economy will improve.

If I drive flat out in this I struggle to hit 300 miles to a tank (worst so far was 312.3 miles and that was more than 50 litres to fill,cant remember exactly but was around 27mpg)

I do love how youmake assessments of my life and home situation with only small parts of the picture. I'm not going to go into detail but the kind of vans I can afford arent very good ones and I will have to make the odd 450 mile round trip to get stock so want something comfortable and good onfuel on the motorway

To be fair mate, most of the time you go into detail about your life.

Its more baffling to me the way this project started, if the car was as much as a dog are you are now saying it is what made you even buy it?

A van is going to be better, I cant see why your dad has a problem with a van (as I said earlier) because there is 3 mondeos hanging out the back of your street, maybe if you got rid of em all you could afford a decent van and get this business venture going properly and then when you have a bit of money get another mondeo if you want.

Never heard of a courier?

really? whats one of those?

theres also attending shows as a trade stand up and down the country.

Also insurance - a E320CDI Auto Avantgarde Estate on a 51 plate is cheaper to insure by a large amount than a transit on an 02 plate (making it TDDI)

merc with leather electric seats, sondproofing, decent stereo,climate control etc powered by a 3.2 6 cylinder smooth and efficient turbo diesel or transit with a ripped seat, a fan and cant hear the radio over the drone of the diesel engine that will be higher mileage than my mondeos engine and possibly worse looked after?

Its not all about that is it, you have to think of the costs of repairs. Ford parts are a damn sight cheaper than Merc ones! Genuine or non-genuine.

what ever was best for my buisness :cheers:

eg: a van!

Exactly!

maybe if you got rid of em all you could afford a decent van and get this business venture going properly and then when you have a bit of money get another mondeo if you want.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: