My £500 workhorse NSFW

stevmo3691

Odds are against it but you could get Merc wagon for not too much.

Doesn't matter. Steve never ends up with something he "wants". Universe makes the decisions for him.

Year ago he bought 1.8 MK2 instead of 2.0 "because the insurance is cheaper". Just to follow it in couple of months with..........2.5.

Just look at this Mk3 - his expectations and "needs" change on weekly basis. Nothing weird about that - I change my cars on roughly 4 month rotation period. But I try to find out what I want before I get my ass on ebay, not getting sidelined like a 16 year old on a shoe shopping spree.

And Mk3 isn't big enough ? You bought the wrong kind Steve -> http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9828/copyofimgp1614.jpg

I had hauled more appliances, engine parts, body parts, power tools and raw material in my Mondeos in last two years than I had in my Sprinter. Somehow.

probs coz the mondys more reliable than the sprinter, they are awful vans imho

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the mondeo isn't big enough then I'm suprised I managed to fit in a 1.8 zetec complete with the gearbox still on, an engine crane, 3 bare alloys, a backbox, couple of shocks and calipers n discs.

And here it's a pic taken halfway through...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/abadidassler84/168e7786.jpg

I only want 1 project car being the ST. I don't like the mk3 mondeo very much, only got this one out of neccesity but I am planning on loading large sofas needing repair work,complete car interiors and I cant just squash them in.

Was going to get something like a transit but dad wont let me park a van outside his house and I still want comfort and economy.

also be the poshest pizza delivery car you've ever seen ;)

Also would like something that is capable of towing a car on a trailer and the towing capacity of the mk3 mondeo diesels isnt high enough. There is a plan once my ST is done for me and my dad to do another project car of a more fun variety but a tow car will def be required.

I might see if I can stretch to a E270CDI but we will see in a couple of months

you're not gonna get a 'large' sofa in any estate are you???

make sure you check your licence before you go off towing!

I read Stevmo's post and was about to type what you wrote almost word for word :cheers:

Agreed! Why do you need to cart furniture around anyway? Can't you work in situ?

And how the fcuk are u managing only 30mpg around town???

Mines got a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor and a leaky injector and I'm still managing 42mpg!!

Bare in mind he's a racing driver!

I assume the 30 reading comes from onboard computer or something and not maths from how often you fill up.

And how the fcuk are u managing only 30mpg around town???

Mines got a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor and a leaky injector and I'm still managing 42mpg!!

Bare in mind he's a racing driver!

I assume the 30 reading comes from onboard computer or something and not maths from how often you fill up.

Yup, I use that as an estimate also, but I reset the mileage counter to zero also every time I put diesel in. I know itsnt accurate as £50 of diesel gets me just over half a tank and I get 300 miles out of it minimum!

In my old 2lt petrol zetec, 200-220 miles maximum on a 3/4 full tank of the same £50.

Obviously with both cars, driven on motorway would get a hell lot more.