Audi S2 Coupe - 2.2 20v Turbo

sidrick

is it healthier now?

Much, runs and boost great but still likes to stall when cold. I suspect one of the temp sensors or perhaps the switch that controls the ICV isn't working. Will need to get the fault code reader on it and see what has changed.

I've got the uprated dumb valve and N75 (wastegate control solenoid) to fit and have ordered an updated wiring plug for the Intake Air Temp sensor that flagged up last time. I just need to order a few clips to get them all fitted, which hopefully the surcharge of my returned water pump will take car of :D

00523 - IAT Sensor-Temp High-Circuit Low-G42 same error code coule be Temp Low-Circuit High

01257 - Idle Air Control Valve

01247 - EV AP Canister Purge Regulator Valver-N80

01262 - Wastegate Bypass Ragulator Valve-N75

00515 - Camshaft Position Sensor

Codes as of today:

00523 - IAT Sensor-Temp High-Circuit Low-G42 same error code coule be Temp Low-Circuit High

01257 - Idle Air Control Valve

01247 - EV AP Canister Purge Regulator Valver-N80

01262 - Wastegate Bypass Ragulator Valve-N75

00513 - Engine Speed Sensor - G28

Not ideal...

IAT - Will test it this weekend but have ordered the plug which I hear often breaks down.

ICV - Had a replacement ICV since the codes were first pulled, so will need to look into this.

N80 - No idea.

N75 - Discovered this was unplugged when the codes were first read, the fact it still flags when plugged in is concerning. I have a new valve waiting to go in, and would like to replace the 8" section of loom that plugs into it. Any help onj a PN & price?

G28 - This is a new one. Again, no idea.

is it healthier now?

Much, runs and boost great but still likes to stall when cold. I suspect one of the temp sensors or perhaps the switch that controls the ICV isn't working. Will need to get the fault code reader on it and see what has changed.

I've got the uprated dumb valve and N75 (wastegate control solenoid) to fit and have ordered an updated wiring plug for the Intake Air Temp sensor that flagged up last time. I just need to order a few clips to get them all fitted, which hopefully the surcharge of my returned water pump will take car of :D

roflbrothel

seriously though I worry about your spending habits

with regards to the fault codes. do u not have to have them cleared before u look again. or will it just clear the code once that perticular issue has been resolved?

Every car is different, some will do it itself, others need turning off manually. As for this car, I haven't a clue.

Depends on what light it is too.

Speed sensor might be the crank speed sensor/trigger sensor.

Evap is for the fuel system iirc, lets some pressure out when the car is parked in the sun all day, for example.

Glad to see this is ticking along nicely.

Aye, the speed sensor isn't an issue. It flags up when the engine isn't running (wasn't when I read the codes this time) so it's not a fault :)

Yeah, the other fault it to do with the charcoal filter thing. I'll need to look into that. Maybe just clogged or otherwise fucked.

Massive thanks to McRic who helped get these up from his neck of the woods.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/temporary-6.jpg

Pair of Conti Premium Contact 2 205/55/16V for the rear of my car. Brand new and a bargain eBay price :)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/temporary-7.jpg

Got my G13 through and a heap of clips for the dump valve and WGFS as well so should get some bits done with my day off on Friday.