the rollercoaster ride starts again

lmffao...it can be a pain to get in...sometimes you have to try twice :innocent:

oh well I only have to try once......... and then forcefully hold it in place until Im finished reversing :pancake:

my GF says she has that problem with me when iv had one to many beers :roll:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmffao...it can be a pain to get in...sometimes you have to try twice :innocent:

oh well I only have to try once......... and then forcefully hold it in place until Im finished reversing :pancake:

5/30w..... great lube for rear maneuvers :thumb:

5/30w..... great lube for rear maneuvers :thumb:

Is there such a thing as to many beers?

• 2 weeks later...

soooo, nothin new to report really, just been to busy to get anything done on her, did get a chance to have a little play round with some ideas last night tho and did a quick chop to see how I felt....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/19820.jpg

added the ST rear end

extended the Gti skirts to better match the bumper profile(did it the other way last time by shaping the bumper on the Si).

swapped the Mk5 mirrors to the more asthetically curved Mk6's.

bit if light tinting to the rear windows.

set of half tint rear clusters.

my nice shiny alloys, as appose to the 14" alloys phil left on it for me.

still thinking of jibbing the Mk5 handles for Mk6's and a one sided respray job.

Edited by shawdreamer

the handles will fit, but wont the shape look odd on the MK5 door as the MK5 door has the mould for the handles?

it'll ba a cut and shut jobbie :pancake:

How long will that bumper stay on for? :pancake:

twice.....FUCKIN TWICE, I clipped a kerb reversing, both time on my way to yours!!! :nutter:

your a feckin jinx!!!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

soooooooo, yesterday I made a start on the gearbox change, managed to finally remove the rear box mount (what a bastardo that was) and now all Ive got left to deal with is a rounded head on the furthest rear bolt (after 3 hourts trying Ive determined that the use of a dremel is soon to be required :D ).

In the meantime Id parked the Si in another space to allow me to get the Mk5 infront of the door.....

....neighbour shouts me over at 8am as I went out to start on the box again.... he points....I follow the direction he pointed.....

some little scrote has put my passenger window through and emptied all the goodies out my motor, stereo, moulded in speakers, JBL 1000w amp.....gone.

cheeky little fuckur had taken his time too, the amp was bolted in, the stereo was locked in place and the speakers were obviously moulded in.....the cuunt had done little damage and had carefully swiped the stuff, hadnt rooted neither so he/she had known exactly were to look and what they'd need to remove, local job I reckon and I have my suspicions (which will soon be confirmed one way or tuther :devil: ).

luckily for me however (barring the lack of damage obviously) I was looking at a whole new rig for the Mk5b and didnt really want to simply swap my Si's over, the missus, knowing how much I value my tune'age in my motor has given me carte blanche to sort something new..... allready bagged this little item for a tiny neat sum of £25...

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20059.jpg

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20060.jpg

and a pair of 350w Kenwood 9x6's for a £10 ;)

so every situ has its upside :thumb:

btw the stereos a Alpine CDA-9851R, bluetooth enabled, mp3 :))

I'm not suprised about the theft (wasn't me by the way! :pancake: ) some arse keeps trying to get in my Pug (No bloody clue why!).

they havn't managed yet... But I'm going to need new locks... which means new ignition barrel etc (Thank god it's not a transponder setup!)

Nice replacement though! :cheers:

theiving barstools!!!

i think if you go for the st rear , then go for some other skirts, rather than gti's.... just dont go together imo

gonna trim the bottom half to line with Gti skirts :thumb:

I'm not suprised about the theft (wasn't me by the way! :pancake: ) some arse keeps trying to get in my Pug (No bloody clue why!).

they havn't managed yet... But I'm going to need new locks... which means new ignition barrel etc (Thank god it's not a transponder setup!)

Nice replacement though! :cheers:

its ever since I bought this F'in motor off you, thingS just keep going screwy.......YOU'VE SOLD ME CHRISTINE :pancake:

its ever since I bought this F'in motor off you, thingS just keep going screwy.......YOU'VE SOLD ME CHRISTINE :pancake:

Yeah I got a VooDoo woman to put a curse on it! :roll:

I'll buy it back for £10 deliveried? :roll:

Ill cram it up ya sphyincter for free :))

well, after some daring maneouvers with a angle grinder (yes I got that desperate) I finally managed to remove the offending bolt that was holding the rear side of the gearbox in and out it plopped.

now Id pre-emptively sorted a replacement box and have it ready to go in tomorrow when have a second pair of hands to help me out.

Only one thing is nagging me....

despite the new box coming of a similiar CVH engine type as mine (mines a 1.4 the new'uns off a 1.6) I was told it wouldnt matter but visually the boxes aernt identical, cosmetically they appear slightly different, Im now a bit concerned as to wether it is just cosmetic differences or more to it than that.

I made a few quick measurements and all seems generally identical yet the visual differences still leave me scratching my chin....

current box....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20068.jpg

new box with obvious diferences marked....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20069.jpg

-front box mount shaped unlike original

-little black "thingie" Ive seen dozens of times but never needed to ask about

-flange edge taperd into the boxes main body as appose to the lip on the original (bolting holes seem to measure up exactly the same though)

but heres my biggest concern, original box....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20071.jpg

new box....

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/20070.jpg

any advice welcome??

just incase your missing the problem there.....the bearing facia's are different ?(