F1 2012

Craig855S

As shite as Senna is, that was completely MSC's fault. Regardless of the move MSC was on too much of a similar line and closing way to fast to make a pass work.

Great work by Maldanado and Williams, I liked the BBC playing out to "Sabotage" after yet another mistake marring Hamilton's performance (that tyre in his way cost him only a second but WTF was it doing there?)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcuking hell Craig, as a karter I thought you would see what happened.

I guess we'll have to just disagree if I can't make you lot see sense :roll:

I didn't realise he had a punture

quote:

Jaime Alguersuari

To be honest I think Senna wasn't doing a great job holding up the field but that was completely Michael's fault. He ran into the back of Senna's car without an intention of overtaking. I'd like to hear what Schumacher says after this, I'm sure it won't be his fault."

Jaime Alguersuari

Races 46

Championships 0

Wins 0

Podiums 0

Career points 31

Michael Schumacher

Races 293

Championships 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

Wins 91

Podiums 154

Career points 1,519

Now I'm not writing off Jaime as a pundit (there is a reason he's a pundit), but if one of the above gave his opinion of an incident, that he was involved in, then I'd be more inclined to trust one than the other......

Edited by sidrick

i'm glad you've made the above post, because I think it's MSC's 'history' that's clouding your opinion. :pancake:

seriously though. I think as much as i'm glad MSC got punished (I'm far far far from an MSC supporter in any way if you hadnt had guessed), I think it should has be put down to a racing incident. As I said before, rules enforced harshly this weekend

Meh, I was just pointing out that Jaime Alguersuari isn't exactly the be-all and end-all of F1 drivers. I don't know if you watched the coverage, but Coulthard tried his best to say it wasn't Schumacher's fault, but couldn't quite bring himself to do it.

Punishment for that incident is ridiculous, even if you do blame Schumacher.

I've watched it back twice, the full overhead shot which does show a slow move to the left, the cutting of the camera and the dodgy replays at the time made me not see this move to the left as clearly as watching that one angle again has. So yeah, Senna did block the outside and MSC had to change his mind from outside to in at the last minute. MSC could have braked to prevent contact, but Senna could have not went left then right, so blame lies between them both to be fair. Racing incident, no punishment needed

"Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher has been punished by the Spanish stewards for his collision with Williams' Bruno Senna during Sunday's Barcelona race. Schumacher receives a five-place grid penalty for the next round in Monaco.

After investigating, the stewards decided the German driver was at fault for the accident, which occurred on Lap 12 at Turn One. Schumacher retired immediately after crashing into the back of the Williams and, although Senna was able to continue for a few more corners, the damage to his FW34 was similarly terminal."

Ha.

"Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher has been punished by the Spanish stewards for his collision with Williams' Bruno Senna during Sunday's Barcelona race. Schumacher receives a five-place grid penalty for the next round in Monaco.

After investigating, the stewards decided the German driver was at fault for the accident, which occurred on Lap 12 at Turn One. Schumacher retired immediately after crashing into the back of the Williams and, although Senna was able to continue for a few more corners, the damage to his FW34 was similarly terminal."

Ha.

That happened 2 days ago :mellow:

Ha.

That happened 2 days ago :mellow:

Yea but no-one had discussed it. Clarifies that he was in the wrong. It's the sort of driving you see on F1 on Xbox live haha

Nice to see how close all the teams are performing, even mercedes with their double diffuser can only make it work for them on 1 track so far (although this will come good later on in the season), Mclaren's blunder on saturday cost them this gp imo but fairplay to william's & to Pastor for keeping his nose clean.

• 2 weeks later...
That's why we pay our licence fee. Superb pre-race coverage today.

Exactly what I thought. Stunning.

I genuinely lolled a couple of times during the Button/Hamilton TV producer part and thought the birth to pro driver montage was excellent.

C'mon Schumacher. Quite stunned he was involved in an incident that genuinely wasn't his fault. lol