• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
YES YES YES!!

What a race!

Alonso and Schumacher simply superb.

Thoughts on Maldanado/Hamilton? Hamilton forced him off track IMO and Hamilton should have yeilded position as he was all over the place.

I dont watch every race but this one was really good. Had everything in it, knocks, crashes dodgy pit stops. Very entertaining.

I thought Hamilton forced him off the track but I'm not sure on the rules with letting him back on! If he is supposed to, he didnt therefore he is in the wrong. Back in the day though you could force them where you like and its up to them NOT to crash into you! These days there are too many rules. Its a race they should overtake when and how they like ( obviously not deliberately crashing into them!).

YES YES YES!!

What a race!

Alonso and Schumacher simply superb.

Thoughts on Maldanado/Hamilton? Hamilton forced him off track IMO and Hamilton should have yeilded position as he was all over the place.

disagree. I'm sure he wasn't the only person to send someone wide there during the race!!!

I still can't see how people get giddy over a podium place when it's gifted. (whoever it is)

Ross Brawn: Today Michael showed what he could do...................

yes, with the help of 2 cars crashing out on the final lap!!!!!!! FFS!

he "achieved" 5th!!!!!!!! big WOW's!

You're SEETHING, big man. You can't give credit where it's due? A 9 grid-place improvement on qualifying.

Hamilton wasn't wrong to take the line he did and put Maldonado off the track, but where did he expect him to go?

MSC achieved 3rd, as per the race standings. He avoided (for a change) stupid incidents like the one Hamilton got involved in. Hamilton should not have been fighting for position with his tyres in the state they were in. It was his own doing.

You're SEETHING, big man. You can't give credit where it's due? A 9 grid-place improvement on qualifying.

Hamilton should not have been fighting for position with his tyres in the state they were in.

it was the final lap for a podium position, he should be fighting tooth and nail, whatever state his tyres are in!!!!! I'm sure, as per DC and i'd expect, the FIA, the blame will lie with Maldonado.

as for a 9 place jump, i'll argue all day long that he only achceived a 7 place jump. That's good, granted, but not electrifying

Hamilton should not have been fighting for position with his tyres in the state they were in.

it was the final lap for a podium position, he should be fighting tooth and nail, whatever state his tyres are in!!!!! I'm sure, as per DC and i'd expect, the FIA, the blame will lie with Maldonado.

as for a 9 place jump, i'll argue all day long that he only achceived a 7 place jump. That's good, granted, but not electrifying Technically if you count Vettel and Grosjean it was only a 5 place jump...and where there any others?

It was a great race with loads going on (I loved the line of traffic that Perez was in when it all went wrong, it was great to watch that many cars jostling for position on a track you can overtake on

As for the Hamilton Maldanado incident I'm torn, Hamilton was right to turn in, was right to run Maldanado off the track, but it was inevitable that Maldanado would pass so in hindsight i think even Lewis would agree "he should have just let him past and concentrated on finishing the race"

Maldanado had 2 ways out of that crash and chose neither, so it's his fault, had he bailed he would have got Lewis within the next couple of laps easy.

Im chuffed to see MSC on the podium regardless of how many cars had incidents, the fact he kept his nose clean and stayed close enough to the leaders to get that 3rd when it all went pete tong is great (If MSC wasnt worthy of the 3rd then we'd expect Button or Webber to be there, but no...)

Maldanado punished for not rejoining the track in a safe manner & rightly so, if there was a wall there like most other street circuits then pastor would have crashed out, lewis didn't have to nor should he have yielded as he still had position & the racing line. Brilliant drive by alonso & kimi, very unlucky for seb & romain.

I thought it was poor driving by maldonado and hamilton, as has been said, Hamilton was going to lose the position anyway so why put himself in further risk by running someone off the road. Likewise Maldonado could have join back onto the track cleaner and continued to chase Hamilton to get him at the next corner/lap, he would have got him he was much much quicker the speed he closed in on Hamilton was huge.

Also delighted with Schumacher's podium, I general luck has been against him this season and deserved more than he's got in other races, so yes it was some good luck yesterday that gifted the place but still a very good drive and nice to see him on the podium again.

am I wrong, was the Lewis crash not on the last lap????

Think it was 2nd to last lap? In 3rd sector.

thought I wasn't going that mad!!!!

He had every right to fight to his position then!!!! It certainly was a sure thing that Maldonado was going to get past!

am I wrong, was the Lewis crash not on the last lap????

Think it was 2nd to last lap? In 3rd sector.

thought I wasn't going that mad!!!!

He had every right to fight to his position then!!!! It certainly was a sure thing that Maldonado was going to get past!

I don't get your point then mate. It was a sure thing that Maldonado was going to get past, and if Hamilton hadn't been so aggressive, both would have finished the race.

Certainly from a technical point of view, it's Maldonado's fault, but from a common sense side of things, both drivers contributed to it and either could have made sure it was avoided.