Wide arch 5 door project

lee grout

Hows things been going?

They been going.......nowhere!

If u look on fast activator, the paint will go off in 30 mins and wont matter if its cold or not lol

Need car to work before I can spray that again! Rain is more of a worry than cold tbh. May have to take bits to work and spray them on a saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so today my replacement bumper arrived after the unfortunate........happenings of the last :innocent:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/oliverandcar007_zps52c5317e.jpg

Anyway It arrived like so..

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/P1000684_zps442d7ca6.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/P1000685_zps644ca61d.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/P1000686_zps0d2ef61d.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/P1000687_zps5d87eaac.jpg

Was on ebay and I did see the small dent along the bottom in the pic.

...However, it never stated the crack above the lower grill, the dent on the driver side area under the screw/bolt holes, fog light bracket broken and the fact there's NO mounting point across the front of the bumper! My old bumper had a whole plastic brace on the inside for mounting purposes. This one is shaped in foam and looks like it should match my rear bumper i.e have an area with the threaded bars fixed to the foam! 5hit or what!? I am trying for a full or partial refund as I could keep it and work around these problems if need be. Just a pain in the ass as none of this was detailed in the description, so technically its miss sold! :nutter:

Oh well, got plenty of time to work it all out lol :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Special update for Scott, In his words...An update for an update!

I got a Full refund on my broken bumper inc postage! How's that?

Good news mate,i had the same the ither week with a dodgy focus bonnet the catch had been cut and welded so it wouldnt close,got a full refund in a week.

• 3 months later...

Funnily enough I've now sorted the fuel pump problem! I was gonna update today anyway lol

With the help of fellow user etrebus we found.....or HE found that my fusebox was duff. Plus we had a missing earth. After paying attention to what he was doing last week I fitted my new fusebox today, replaced all necessary fuses/relays and tried my luck. After months of nothing the pump now primes :cheers:

While the tank is down ima give it a clean with my new wire brush attachment and give it a lick of some hammerite I've got laying around.

On the paint front:

My bonnet and front doors had ...'a moment'! I think water had got into the paint as there were lots of little blisters. As I rubbed over the top it revealed the bonnet in its original colour! I rubbed it all down again and gave another couple of coats to just the bonnet. (more of a test so not to waste paint). I used the works compressor this time so shouldn't of been any moisture there. I've left it at work all tucked up out the way but havnt looked at it yet to see the results.

Also im now not going with that blue! I won't have enough to respray what I have and do the last few panels. I don't want to get new paint and spend even more money so...

...ill be using a colour I was mistakenly sent instead. I didn't have to pay for it so I may as well use that....with the addition of some extra metal flakes! Roll on spring.

Funnily enough I've now sorted the fuel pump problem! I was gonna update today anyway lol

With the help of fellow user etrebus we found.....or HE found that my fusebox was duff. Plus we had a missing earth. After paying attention to what he was doing last week I fitted my new fusebox today, replaced all necessary fuses/relays and tried my luck. After months of nothing the pump now primes :cheers:

While the tank is down ima give it a clean with my new wire brush attachment and give it a lick of some hammerite I've got laying around.

On the paint front:

My bonnet and front doors had ...'a moment'! I think water had got into the paint as there were lots of little blisters. As I rubbed over the top it revealed the bonnet in its original colour! I rubbed it all down again and gave another couple of coats to just the bonnet. (more of a test so not to waste paint). I used the works compressor this time so shouldn't of been any moisture there. I've left it at work all tucked up out the way but havnt looked at it yet to see the results.

Also im now not going with that blue! I won't have enough to respray what I have and do the last few panels. I don't want to get new paint and spend even more money so...

...ill be using a colour I was mistakenly sent instead. I didn't have to pay for it so I may as well use that....with the addition of some extra metal flakes! Roll on spring.

Back on track then Lee.

Well done with the pump.

Looking forward to future updates mate.

Regards Andy