Audi S2 Coupe - 2.2 20v Turbo

sidrick

gutted for you sid,all this shite for a regulator for fck sake.

I know mate. 2-a-penny for 99% of cars but mine is on a chassis break so the parts are rare, it's a common issue so the second hand market is dry and 2nd hand sellers are generally idiots. No longer available from the dealer.

I've spent about £350 on window regulators and fitting so far, and the car has been off the road for 6 weeks..... not sure how much longer I'm willing to Pee about.

Just about as upset as I am angry. I really want to make a go of this car but to think relacing an electric window regulator will have cost me £500 could be enough to put me off going forward.

Edited by sidrick

dont give up fella,do something else on the car until one pops up (forums or ebay)

Yeh man, I kinda know how you feel, ive spent over £200 trying to get my fuel gauge to work correctly, dropped the tank so many times to fit different senders now my fuel pump seal is ponging, tanks gotto be dropped again and finally fit one last fuel sender and another seal, I cant drop the tank myself so labour will be pretty large on that again.......just to get a working fuel gauge.

Its something I look at everyday and wish worked correctly but I had to 'drop it' to get a whole bunch of other sh1t done.

Keep the head up

eBay

Any good?

Cheers man. Have e-mailed them both asking what year the cars are. There was a chassis break within 150 cars of mine and the regulators are different on the later ones (like the one I currently have fitted).

If either of those are any use to me you will officially be my favourite person in the world.

dont give up fella,do something else on the car until one pops up (forums or ebay)

I could chrome plate my car and tune the engine to 800bhp, but if the window doesn't work then I can't park at work, so can't use the car. I rarely drive at the weekends. :(

I don't know if our problems are similar, Naylor. If this was a mechanical issue I'd put it into a garage and get it fixed. The issue is I simply cannot get the part I need.

Man that's a kick in the slats.....

I would stick with it, there aren't all that many of these things around now and as you're one of the people who are going to look after them, instead of just winding the boost up until it goes bang, i think it would be a shame if you gave up on it.

eBay

Any good?

Cheers man. Have e-mailed them both asking what year the cars are. There was a chassis break within 150 cars of mine and the regulators are different on the later ones (like the one I currently have fitted).

If either of those are any use to me you will officially be my favourite person in the world.

I could chrome plate my car and tune the engine to 800bhp, but if the window doesn't work then I can't park at work, so can't use the car. I rarely drive at the weekends. :(

I don't know if our problems are similar, Naylor. If this was a mechanical issue I'd put it into a garage and get it fixed. The issue is I simply cannot get the part I need.

I just meant simply trying to get something to work mate and empathising with the frustration involved. I cant book mine into a garage for this, ive tried 3 fuel senders and still dont have a working fuel gauge, its kinda the same.

Look, good luck anyway.

Edited by Naylor2006

Sorry naylor bud, I think there was some confusion. I wasn't having a go.

Anyway.....

As you'll have seen from my various other posts on the forum, I'm still really struggling to find an early driver side window regulator :(

In the mean time I bought a couple of cast/forged arms to paint up and rebush since mine has one cast and one pressed :coocoo:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/SDC13491.jpg

Any advice on bushing? It (if I ever get a window regultor) is my daily driver, do would OE bushes be better than powerflex?

eBay

Any good?

Both later :(

eBay

Any good?

Both later :(

What Reg is yours? and you need the same or newer?

Try

Cab part the same?

Mine is 895837398A and was on cars from mate 1991 and before. Anything after mounts slightly differently to the door :nutter:

[/font]

Anything 1992 and later is no use :(

Thanks for looking :)

I saw something on my travels today, its been sat about for years and years!

It has no engine in it, and the engine seems to be in bits in the car.

Its made me kind of want one!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/tomhicks1/IMG_1127.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/tomhicks1/IMG_1129.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/tomhicks1/IMG_1128.jpg

Any update on this mate?